Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 05:50PM

.....is just the sort of headline you SHOULD be able to read on the church website and in global media, but of course you WON'T.

Tom, either you are genuinely God's only mouthpiece on earth or you're a deliberate fraudster and conman. C'mon Monson, the silence is deafening.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 05:57PM

lol, ok, you reeled me in with that headline.

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 06:10PM

Sorry, but that was exactly the point. I heard an upsetting news report today on the car radio about the potential humanitarian crisis developing as hundreds of thousands Christian Iraqis have been driven from their homes into the mountains by the expanding and highly dangerous Islamic militant group 'ISIS'.

A few political leaders passed comment and also the pope was quoted. After I listened it really struck me that Monson and his cronies will say nothing about it...and the church membership won't even expect him to.

It actually made me angry to think that so many TBMs revere him. Yet come next General Conference he'll just relay some pap inconsequential anecdote about his childhood or some self-promoting widow story in his sing-song voice and TBMs will lap it up.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 08:52PM

Posted by: Fools ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 03:08AM

Oh give me a break, he was making a point about Monson. You're as rigid as the correlation department. You're as offended by alternate viewpoints as a brainwashed "Mormon."

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 05:55PM

It's not her opinion. It's a major board rule. It's lucky she's giving a reminder to stay off politics rather than nuking it all.

Maybe not so "rigid" after all?

Posted by: jeff58 ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 06:01PM

Can you explain how the OP had anything whatsoever to do with politics?

There was no mention of political parties or political issues and certainly nothing that in any way expressed a an opinion on anything. Simply a statement as to something going on in the world.

Or does politics mean anything thats going on in the world?

Posted by: White Cliffs ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 06:12PM

This isn't politics, it's a humanitarian crisis. Have some heart for the Iraqi Christians, who are long-time victims of--you guessed it--religious fanaticism.

I know an Iraqi (or "Assyrian") Christian; he's a really nice guy. I'm sure his relatives are affected by this horrible ethnic cleansing. I don't even want to ask.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 06:33PM

The OP was OK, several of the replies were NOT. Hence the warning. We should not have to put up the warning in the first place as NO POLITICS is a long standing rule. Hey it is even STUCK TO THE TOP OF THE BOARD. And really "Fool", you have to come up with something better than your like a mormon comment. That is as old and worn out as the Nazi analogy - it's what you use when you have nothing valid to say. Grow up. And while we are at it PICK A NAME AND STICK WITH IT.

And as always, if you have a question for admin MAIL IT. If you don't chances are you will be deleted and will not get an answer period.

Posted by: Turd ( )
Date: February 17, 2015 11:46PM

How the hell is citing events political?!

Posted by: Wee Wee ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 08:57PM

Dontcha know that Tommy Boy only receives revelation for The Church? Heathens outside of Utah and Western U.S. are of no consequence to The Lard.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 06:11PM

yeah, in '03, in GC closing talk, GBH said, "No one knows what's going to happen (with the war). Then he told a sappy little anecdote about the virtues of a good LDS boy who enlisted in the military "for his mom's welfare" or sumpin, obvious pro-Bush propaganda. But no one knows, right Gordie?

Posted by: Claire ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 12:44AM

Wherein he directly contradicted Spencer W. Kimball's previous talk on suing for peace over and over before starting a war.

I remember how absolutely pissed I was when GBH gave that talk. Damn war monger.

Posted by: ex_sushi_chef ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 07:10PM

how about this title: "In Search of Treasure" by "President Thomas S. Monson First Counselor in the First Presidency", in apr 2003 general conference??!!

based on the title so on, kind of prophetic/encouraging or just common things about looting iraq treasures?? pre-planned actions??? or he pre-knew accp stuff??

"Iraq: Looting of Cultural Treasures.... April 21, 2003

Washington, D.C.: Why didn't the Bush administration have a plan for Iraq's antiquities before or during the war? Where they not concerned about Iraq's world heritage sites? I am so angered by what we have lost!

Francis Deblauwe: Basically Ancient Near Eastern (ANE) scholars had meetings with people in the Pentagon and the State Department ahead of the start of the war. The Pentagon was very interested in getting a more extensive list of the important archaeological sites and from what I know so far, the coalition Air Forces did a great job of avoiding bombing archaeological sites and museums.

The weakness of their preparation, however, lay in not planning for the aftermath of liberation. They were told to expect looting of museums as it happened during the aftermath of the Gulf War in 1991. But for a reason unknown to me and to my colleagues, they did not follow up on that, even though it would probably have taken only one tank to protect the Baghdad museum.
"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/liveonline/03/special/iraq/sp_iraq-deblauwe042103.htm

http://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=accp+iraq++treasure&aq=-1&oq=&ei=UTF-8&fr=top_ga1_sa&x=wrt

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 12:29AM

big money

Posted by: ex_sushi_chef ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 03:19PM

so, did they speak the will of the lord?? going to iraq war etc were the will of the lord??

what if the lds first presidency did not receive the revelation about the will of the lord??

prophet for profit does not sound right??

the first presidency, they are the mouthpiece for terrestrial/telestial stuff to receive those glories in the end??

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 06:52PM

it's an LDS Failure;

the things they themselves publish Prove It

'Profiles of a Prophet'

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2006/06/the-profile-of-a-prophet?lang=eng

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2014 07:02PM by GNPE.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: February 17, 2015 05:48PM

I was thinking this very thought yesterday.

Where in hell is the 'One True Profit's' voice when it comes to all this 'latter-day' shtuff?

At least the Pope has some balls.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: February 17, 2015 06:24PM

Yeah, just before he became pope, someone checked.

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: February 17, 2015 06:26PM

Did I just spot a rare moose?

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: February 17, 2015 06:55PM

Maybe a rare spotted moose?

Posted by: exodus ( )
Date: February 17, 2015 09:59PM

You can leave RfM but can't leave it alone :)

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: February 17, 2015 10:02PM

Well, it’s good to see you stopping by the old salt lick.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 17, 2015 06:59PM

What prophecy / profit-see was that ? That even people from Iraq and SYria would come to shop at City Creek Center?

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 17, 2015 07:08PM

This is as close to a real revelation as Pervert MORmON Joe ever got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQrgLz0tpVA

The rest of the following MORmON profits never did any better than that.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: February 17, 2015 10:13PM

He wanted opening of countries where there was no chance of allowing Mormon preaching.

There were a couple of "free" countries where Christians could live and teach like Egypt and Qatar... Now it's even worse. Russia is getting ready to kick them out.

So what happened to all of the prayers and "miracles" that were supposed to happen??? What happened to all of the African Countries and the Eastern European countries??? Limits on how many proselytizing missionaries, limits on members themselves obtaining Visas for temple trips?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u1_LQYFT9Q

Posted by: hausfrau ( )
Date: February 17, 2015 10:19PM

It's an isolative tool to not comment on international issues. Have you talked to TBMS? (I know lots of other people don't watch the news, either.) They don't know squat about what's going on to the state, nation or world. I admit that I speak mostly with women. It still makes sense, however, to isolate the Mormons from the world.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: February 18, 2015 12:15PM

My daughter's best friend from high school went to Iraq early in the war ("mission accomplished" timeframe), as a Baptist missionary. As in doing things real Christian missionaries do in third world countries. I didn't realize until then that there were a good number of Christians in the Middle East. She really loved the women she worked with, trying to teach them skills to earn a living.

She ended up marrying a Christian Palestinian guy. They lived in Cypress and Turkey for a long time but have now moved to the US. But his entire family and many of their friends still live in the West Bank, Jerusalem, or other areas. It is really a scary time to be a Christian in the Middle East. I worry for them a lot. Especially since there will be no rapture, the only hope they have.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.