Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Paul the Apostle ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 07:03PM

I'm working on a pilot called "THE CHOSEN" which is about the sons/daughters/grandsons/granddaughters of Mormon apostles and billionaires in Salt Lake City. The main character in the pilot, but not in the series, is "Milton Rossey" who was the former governor of Montana, who ran for the Presidency twice and lost, and is going to run a third time. Rossey is a pro-Life Republican candidate. In the pilot, his slut 15 year old daughter gets pregnant, again, and he takes her to Las Vegas, again, to have a secret abortion. But, the abortionist video tapes Rossey paying for the abortion in cash, and tells Rossey he is going to release the video to the Media unless Rossey pays him a million dollars, in cash. So, Rossey goes to his old employer, Hugh Hansen, Chairman of Hansen Industries, a recluse Mormon billionaire "Howard Hughes" types who has Mormon dwarfs for handlers, and is surrounded by underage Thai girls that he empregnates and then sends back to Thailand. Rossey asks for a million in cash from his old boss, because "all my millions are tied up in investments". So, he gets a million cash. Then, he has a second thought, so he hires two Tongan Utah thug/drugdealers to go down to Las Vegas and get the video from the good doctor, telling them: "Scare him, sure, but don't hurt him. Just get that video tape!" So, the Tongans go down to LV and they invade the doctor's home, and he tells them about the million and tells them if they work with him he'll give them half. They consider it, but the doctor makes a grab for one of their guns, there is a struggle, it goes off, and he is killed. The Tongans panic, but then one of them says THEY should take the video and get the million from Rossey. So, this is what they do. They call Rossey and tell them they have the video, and they want the million in cash, and the good doctor is "history". Rossey is upset, saying, "I TOLD YOU NOT TO HURT HIM!" The Tongans say it was an accident, but that they want the million. Rossey agrees to meet them in a dark alley in downtown SLC, so the Tongans show up, and ask for the money. Rossey gives them a suitcase, then open it and see a million in cash. They congradulate each other and celebrate, and the next thing you see is bullet holes in them, then you see Rossey firing a 9mm into them. He shoots both of them in the head as the coop d'grau. He collects the money into the suitcase, and does not notice that a bum who'd been sleeping behind a dumpster in the alley saw the whole thing. Rossey goes back home, turns on the TV, and sees and old interview when he was candidate last time, saying: "Yes, of course I'm pro-life. Just look at my record! To me, human life is very sacred!" Pan to Rossey's face.

Why is the teen daughter such a slut? Because, she's been sexually molested by a family friend, Elder George Eagle-Feather, the only Lamanite Seventy, since she was 8. She's kept it a secret, but, she'll tell her parents, and Rossey will seek revenge on his long time "friend" whom he served a mission with.

Other characters include a "Paul Dunn" character, a "Ted Bundy" character, a "Arthur Gary Bishop" character, a "Grant Aflek" character, a "Grant Palmer" character, a "Gordon B. Hinckley" character, and a "Mark Hofmann" character, who is the son of Hugh Hansen ("The Howard Hughes character"). There will also be a few black Mormon characters, a few Sunstone Mormon characters. Also a "Travis Alexander" and "Jodi Arias" characters. Yep. She kills him. No, Richard Dutcher has no part in this, but I wish he did.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 07:12PM

Religious conservatives who turn out to be hypocritical, treacherous, greedy, and lecherous. Not to mention incestuous. Fantastic! Except you didn't work in Sarah Palin, the Tea Party, the N.R.A. and gun nuts, Idaho Nazis, and survivalists. Review "National Treasure" for stunning ideas about secret documents and hidden fortunes.

You need a young, intrepid, dogged journalist who stops at nothing, and at great personal risk, to discover the truth. (Make sure that character is a Latina lesbian.)

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 07:16PM

Throw in a Clive bundy for the hillbilly factor.

Date: August 07, 2014 07:17PM

Incest? Lordy, got lots of it, but not in the pilot. Certainly, gonna introduce that in the first season. Hadn't thought of putting Tea Party stuff in there, but, hey, why not? Sure, we can put up some woman as VP candidate, who is a blithering idiot. That would be fun. A gal who thinks Antartica is a country. Why not? thanks for the contribution. Yes, believe me, most of the people in THE CHOSEN are gonna be lying, cheating, greedy, condescending, hypocritical, self-righteous a-holes. In other words, they're gonna be just like the wealthy Mormons I know.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 03:05AM

And if somebody is breaking into your home, all you have to do is step out onto the porch and pump two shotgun shells into the air.

Ignorant gun nut, there!

Posted by: 2+2=4 ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 09:31PM

I think you need to work in some Multi Level Marketing moguls and maybe a DC congressional mormons-only prayer group that the MLM people make big campaign donations to...you could do a whole spin off series on these characters alone.

Posted by: perky ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 11:16PM

How about bishop, rich guy and Utah state senator Jake Garn. Sex in the hot tub with a young girl.

No more run for Congress, even though the good old boys at the state leg gave him a final standing ovation.

Gail Rusika, Chris Buttars... the list is endless

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 11:22PM

Hit up casting for Danny devito or Ron Jeremy to play Dancy Peterson.

Posted by: johnstockton12 ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 12:10AM

whats wrong with liking guns and being a member of the NRA?

Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 01:52AM

Don't forget to add a celebrity singing family worth millions... um... "The Olivers" or some such. heehee

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 03:58AM

I love it!!! Yes, include MLM's and government sleazebags. You can't type cast the Tongans or the Indians Replace them with ex BYU football players, and one of those pale, smarmy, suck-up GA's, like the whispery Scott. Well, they are all creepy. Don't insult the Lamanites. I do like the dwarfs, though! (But refer to them as "little people")

Date: August 08, 2014 11:31AM

Yes, I will typecast the Tongans, at least for the pilot. Good Tongans will come later. Besides, the abortionist doctor, who is an extortionist, is white. Rossey, who kills the Tongans, is white. Rossey's slut daughter, is white. Hugh Hansen, the Mormon billionaire, has nude underage Thai girls in the hottub with him, is white. Everybody looks bad in the pilot. There is a "hero" in the series who is a convert to the Church, who doesn't know Mormon culture, and he gradually becomes disillusioned. Do you know how many Tongans sell drugs in the Salt Lake Valley? Yes....the two thugs/drugdealers are gonna be Tongan.

Posted by: somnambulist ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 05:49AM

I you are going to write stuff, you'll have to learn how to spell things.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 04:40PM

"I you are going to write stuff, you'll have to learn how to spell things."

So are you.

Posted by: ChubbyTheFat ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 07:29PM

Every few episodes bring in a convert who is enthusiastic at first but fades out as he becomes bored, disinterested, and/or informed about LDS issues.

You also need a recurring villain similar to Packer/McConkie.

Date: August 11, 2014 05:33PM

Yes, there will be a "McConkie/Packer" Mormon Apostle, who still teaches the "old truths" while the Church's PR Department is saying the exact opposite. One character will be the Church Spokesman, who also gradually sees that he works for liars and hypocrites.

Posted by: Demon of Kolob ( )
Date: August 11, 2014 06:40PM

Get Tom Hanks listed as executive producer, it worked for Big Love.

Posted by: ET89 ( )
Date: August 11, 2014 07:59PM

You had me until this- " his slut 15 year old daughter gets pregnant"

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: August 11, 2014 10:14PM

Nice idea but Chaim Potok, Simon & Schuster, and The Chosen Film Company might have something to say about your pilot's title.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.