Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mormoney ( )
Date: September 11, 2012 10:09AM

I wonder what words the brethren shouted or uttered before lining up the 100+ travelling men, women and children before staring them in the faces and pulling the trigger. Elohim Akbar! (I'm meaning to be ironic, but would like to make a comparison)

Using some nephi lingo, I will liken the early pioneer church to a band of radicalised muslims, i.e. al qaeda. Feelings of supression, anger, thirst for revenge... at all costs. A need to cleanse the world of all evil. Swearing sacred oaths to seek vengeance on those responsible, or on those from a geographical location near where those responsible were from, whether or not they be guilty parties. God will honor the slaughter and reward you with many virgins, but you don't have to wait until the next life to reap the rewards.

It's interesting to note so many similarities between Islam and Mormonism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormonism_and_Islam

I'm not suggesting in any way that all muslims are radicals, just like not all mormons are radicals. But radicals do exist in both organizations, and at one time or another, members acting in the name of their religion have performed acts of terror.

This was a main driving force behind my resignation, because I want my name to not be associated in any way with such an organisation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: September 11, 2012 02:03PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.