Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 08:21PM

...WTF??? My messed-up ex'ed, now returned-to the-fold TBM BIL, saw fit to show me the finer points of Carson City, which included a complimentary tour of the Ranch. He explained; "I used to do all the insurance inspections for the place......got to know a bunch of the staff (girls)...they were really great people! I don't know why my wife is suspect, though, and too bad the girls get the short end of the deal! At least I was a big tipper."

...World's oldest profession refuses to go down in flames......at least if members continue to sneak out there............

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 09:13PM

When I lived in Reno I had a doctor friend who was contracted to give the brothel gals medical exams. He knew every place in the Reno/Carson City area. He said the gals used to complain that when they were being examined it was the only time they were on their backs and THEY had to pay. LOL!!! I always told him if he ever needed an assistant...

I also had a business relationship with Joe Conforte (owner of the Mustang Ranch) through his Virginia City restaurant, Cabin in the Sky. He once gave me a half-dozen passes to the Mustang Ranch. Being TBM at the time, I gave them away to friends (DOH!!!) but I kept one as a souvenir. I put it in a frame with a caption that said "Break glass in case of emergency". Drove my (now ex) TBM wife nuts. Especially when she would go away to visit relatives, I would slip the pass out, and she would come home and see the empty frame. Haaa haaa.

Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 09:16PM

That has to be the prank to end all pranks.

Posted by: Left Field ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 06:03PM

Reading that made my wife and I laugh out loud...very funny!

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 06:24PM

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 09:27PM

........uhh.....NO!! This crap is the real deal!

Posted by: Ex Aedibus ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 11:04PM

An entertaining novel worth reading is Brady Udall's The Lonely Polygamist. Anyhow, the novel is about a polygamist who experiences a mid-life crisis. Like many polygamists, he's a contractor. So, while doing construction at a legal Nevada brothel, he seriously falls for the wife of the brothel owner.

Posted by: cwpenrose ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 11:07PM

I read the book! It's a good read.

Posted by: Ex Aedibus ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 11:15PM

Brady Udall's mom was my English teacher and his dad was my assistant principal. When I talked with his dad about the book, we had a good time discussing how some of the characters were very much like and uncomfortably like people we knew in St. Johns, Arizona.

Posted by: cwpenrose ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 08:50PM

WOW that's interesting. DH and I discussed the book and thought it was a mormon name. Thanks

Posted by: lazyeye ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 07:06PM

I read it too. It happened at the beginning of my exploration of alternative ideas regarding TSCC, although it was about a polygamist.

Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 08:56PM

Ha! I recently found a copy of that at our public library's used book store :) Haven't had a chance to start reading it though.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.