Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: xtremewayz ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 02:18AM

It's been 8 months since I was released and kicked out my home as a result of my apostasy. Some of you know my history as a YSA Bishop and having left all.

My wife hates me, my children have all turned against me. I hate the First PResidency and the quorum of 12 and the seventy and the presiding bishopric. You fucking liars, I will stand as a witness against you at the last day for your money grubbing ways and the bullshit you perpetuate in maintaining the corporate status of the LDS church. You will pay eternally for your deceits.

I am struggling to find an anchor post, trying to latch onto something that will give me purpose to live another day. I could give a shit about Marie Osmond's tit size before and after. You perverts. Get a life and help someone. What i am drinking if anything is totally irrelevant. are your lives so empty that this is a priority to discover?? MY GOD, WTF??

Crap like this is just another reason to just pack it in and swallow the bullet.

FML

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Talon Avex ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 02:22AM

Don't give up and don't end it all! Life will get better. There are people who care...and a lot of them are right here. We will listen.

Suicide Hotline Info 1-800-273-TALK (8255), call them, please if you are that close to the edge. These feeling are only temporary, death is not the answer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2014 02:23AM by Talon Avex.

Posted by: NoMoBlues ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 02:44AM

Are you aware of the other Ex-mo forums? This one isn't for everybody and can't supply everything you might need for making sense of your next step after leaving Mormonism.

I've found that expressing anger in a non-harmful way is completely necessary, but I think you're very right that a "giving" focus is one of the keys to regaining balance.

You are going through a huge social network upheaval. Do you have anyone at all that you can talk openly with face to face that will listen and accept you unconditionally? A friend or family member? I have found that this is the single most helpful thing to focus on.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2014 02:46AM by NoMoBlues.

Posted by: Platypus ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 03:11AM

Please call the hotline. They are equipped to handle situations like yours. If you feel especially horrible, please go to an emergency room so the they can have you talk to a therapist.

Posted by: Pista ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 03:16AM

One of my frustrations in Mormonism was the idea that service was good, but their version of service was always something stupid like taking cookies to people who were probably diabetic. In this world, Mormon, ex-Mormon, and non-mormon, you are going to find people trying to distract or entertain themselves. If you don't find freedom in laughing or embracing the frivolous things that some people find liberating, find something serious.

I took great comfort in working with developmentally disabled adults. As a Mormon, I wanted to serve, but their definition of service always left me cold. Teaching primary kids to follow the prophet was not service. Volunteering with animals, or kids who need a mentor, or seniors, or the disabled. . . choose your cause. There are so many ways to get outside of your own head and make a real difference. The more I quit worrying about myself and started trying to really help, the better I felt.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 04:10AM

I don't know your situation specifically.

What is it you need from us that you are not getting?

I dom't believe in a last day or a judgement bar, so I probably have little support in faith or doctrinal issues.

You do sound to me to,be in a state of suffering. I am soory this has been a consequence of a virtuous choice.

You are on a path, unique to you, but familiar to many. This may not be an easier path, I do think with rare exception you have chosen a more genuine, authentic life experience moving forward.

The oven mitts are off, you will feel heat, burn, and pain. You will also feel a lot of good things too if you hang in there and effort yourself to engage the people and experiences that interest you. Be kind to yourself and learn how to accept your mistakes and accept them as part of this process of being a genuine human being. You have to allow yourself to make multiple mistakes, a very foreign concept to Mormons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2014 04:10AM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: ExMoBandB ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 04:57AM

Most of us have felt (and still feel) the anger you feel. The truth is, that if you embrace "anger" as one of the stages of grief and loss, you will realize that you are normal. I was angry for years, so you might need to be patient with yourself.

I like those other threads, because their message is to "lighten up." Relax, stop thinking about being a victim all the time. There's nothing shallow about enjoying what you are drinking this weekend. It's like smelling the roses. When I'm extremely upset, I would think about almost anything (even Marie Osmond) to break my destructive thought patterns and think of something else. The evening news sometimes makes me more anxious, most movies are too violent and negative, family gatherings are too depressing, so often RFM is like a refuge!

Remember, there is a list of topics to choose from. Just avoid the topics you don't like. You are still thinking like a Mormon, if you think that everyone has to be alike, and that everyone has to agree with you. The world does not work that way.

Most of us have been through a similar Hell, and have lost spouses, families, inheritances, friends, and jobs because of the cult. Do you think it was easy for any of us?

You need to find out more about who we are. Sympathy is a good antidote for hatred. Not that you should sympathize with the cult leaders, but you will definitely benefit from sympathizing with your wife and children. They are prisoners of a cult, and they need your help, not your rejection. We all know that the Mormon cult does not teach, preach, or practice love. Your children need love! You can be a source of love. Think of ways you can help them.

Posted by: oldklunker ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 06:19AM

Finding others like yourself to talk to bum around with is a priority. You need a support group out side of the people you used to know.

I have felt the way you do many times but I've worked through most of the bitterness and pissed off feelings I used to have.

Do you live in Utah? There are plenty of things to do to take your mind off things.

Posted by: tawanda2011 ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 06:34AM

Is it helpful to know that so many of us have had the depression, hopelessness and "life is no longer worth living" thoughts? It takes a while, but it does get better over time. Now I can't believe all I would have missed out, if I had ended it all. Everyday is a beautiful adventure. You will get there. Find support system, keep reading here and be open to new ways of thinking. You never know if/when one after another family members begin to see the truth and you can help them be free of this terrible cult. Good luck to you!

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 08:08AM

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Maybe the above website would have helpful information for you, maybe some links for support?

You are not alone here, others care that you are in pain and have suffered great loss. Though we may not know what words to put into print.

For diversion from pain or loneliness, I like to read or listen to mp3's of old radio programs or audio books at https://archive.org/

My thoughts are with you tonight.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 08:10AM

Helping people is what we do here. I haven't seen a thread yet where someone is genuinely reaching out for help that doesn't get a raft of responses.

The board has a lot of strengths, however there are limits as to how much a message board can do to help you. I suggest you seek out therapy. Most insurance plans cover at least ten visits. You might want to also seek out exmo meetups in your area.

Avoid the threads that don't interest you. Consider that there are other exmo boards out there, and one of those might better suit your needs. I don't care how angry you are; quit taking it out on us. I for one don't appreciate being called a "pervert" with an "empty" life. We didn't do anything to harm you and we don't deserve your anger.

Posted by: emmahailyes ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 08:18AM

I was very lucky in finding a great therapist to help me in leaving the church. She wasn't mormon but was married to an exed mo. He was very conflicted and eventually killed himself. She understood the anger and pain I was experiencing and mostly helped me grieve. Its a death. The death of your dreams for your life and most times a death of friendships and relationships.
There are professionals who can help and there are people on this board who can help. Its hard to start a new life in which you make all your own choices and decisions. You are like a person just released from a long prison sentence. You will either learn to live an authentic life or go back where all your life decisions are already made for you. Most of us on this board have chosen to honor "the self" and live authentically despite the pain we have suffered in getting there. You are worthy of this new life and its out there for you.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 09:57AM

I have experienced several deaths close together, as well as chosen to take the road of resigning from the church. When deciding to resign formally from the church, I thought about it long and hard.

My final conclusion was this: "Oh, this will be a piece of chocolate cake compared to the deaths of loved ones I went through. I can do it easily."

Wrong. I was so wrong. They are both so similar, filled with emotional ups and downs, and all of the five challenging stages of grief. I went to some grief counseling for the deaths which, in turn, helped me survive this ordeal that I thought I would find rather easy.

Both consist of your world being turned upside down, and like Alice in Wonderland everything is not the same as in the old sofa you sat on that was so comfy and warm. Now there are new lumps, big and hard ones, and some days you want to throw the new sofa through the store display window where you first spied it. As I learned in counseling, "Be kind to yourself and tread slowly, baby steps are much better than running and falling off the cliff."

I promise it gets better, Please hang in there, seek help in some shape or form, and life will come up smelling a whole, whole lot better. I recommend it highly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2014 10:00AM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 10:58AM

What can any of us say to give you hope? Just recently I realized how many years have passed since my husband left me, almost 19 years. How many years since I found out he is gay? 32? Has it been 32? Somehow I made it, made it out of the living hell my life had become. All the pain that the lds church caused him and I and our kids.

Nowadays, I have a son recovering from drug addiction, hasn't had a job for a while. I pay his doctor bills (he has no insurance) and I hope day to day that he will do better. My daughter is over the top TBM and doesn't like me much. Thinks I'm a bitter old bitch because I won't go back to church. My dog is very sick. My dogs have saved me. I've only had him 2-1/2 years. He had a bad day yesterday and I had a meltdown. I'm just not up to watching another dog die. May I say again, my dogs have saved me. I no longer talk to my 2 sisters. I lost both parents within 2 months 5 years ago, then my dog I'd had for 14 years.

BUT if you had told me 19 years ago that the guy I wanted to marry would have come back into my life (after his marriage of 26 years ended), that my ex and I would be good friends and share the same house, that my finances finally worked themselves out, I wouldn't have believed you.

I also found a good therapist--an exmo. I didn't know he was exmo at the time. I've seen him off and on for over 17 years. I give him full credit for saving my life. When everyone else says, "Just get over it"--they still listen.

It gets better. Like someone else said, I promise you it will get better. I still have my bad days. I actually just restarted Prozac at 10 mg (best dose for me) because of my dog's problems and my son's problems.

Actually, after the hell I went through, my older sister told me that my kids would never give me problems out of fear of adding to my pain. Not so. . .

Do call the suicide hot line. Feel free to e-mail me if you need a listening ear-- colleen84319 @ yahoo.com

Have you read Tom Phillips' interview by John Dehlin? You can listen or read it. Search Tom Phillips here and it should give you the links. I just read it the other night. It was very helpful to me. He has experienced some of the same things you have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2014 11:02AM by cl2.

Posted by: siobhan not logged in ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 12:50PM

Cl2...sometimes your posts get me through my day.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 12:57PM

Posted by: anon for this one regular ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 01:07PM

I can't pretend to know what you're going through, OP. I do know, life gets better. If I look back, the thing I'm most proud of is leaving the LDS church. I've done a lot of things to be proud of, but breaking out of that system was h*ll.

That's what's so wonderful about this site and other places on the interwebs where former mo's talk. Back in the day, a person felt like they were the only one who left, who was miserable, who had to completely rethink their lives.

I love listening to all the podcasts out there (there are many) full of processing the grief and anger of leaving, and the stories of people who have left. For me, life is good. I am going through a divorce right now, and that's h*ll. But despite my divorce, I have a tremendous amount of hope. I would have no hope if I were still LDS. I would be miserable. I would feel like I had to stay married to someone who didn't love me - that we had to stay together for the kids.

I've got my stuff in order (through therapy, etc.) I know close friends who have gone to outpatient therapy and swear by it. It takes a lot to feel the feelings, to take responsibility, to take ownership. But it has 100% been worth it for me. There is hope. There is light at the end of this tunnel.

If you're going through h*ll, keep going - Winston Churchill.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 01:29PM

The shallow posts you mentioned are here but so is the real gold. I would suggest looking at the "latest archives" to read some threads that really bring it all home. Marie's tits and what people are drinking aren't archived, the helpful stuff is and I find it to be a gold mine.

Also Richard Packham's site is an amazing wealth of perspective and facts not to be missed.

On top of that, I am not sure where to find annointedone's story but he lost his family too. I think he is an inspiration as to what's next after what happened to you.

I would say, xtremewayz, what you are going through is the worst. I get that the pain is intense and hard to live with. But there are millions of people out there and a million different ways to restart and have a great life. I don't believe that time necessarily heals everything, but time and distance do make things bearable long enough to find something worthwhile again.

Give yourself those gifts--time and distance. You deserve them. You followed your heart and you had the courage to stand up for truth even at a horrendous cost. Along with the sadness, allow yourself to also feel the pride you should and the love and respect for yourself that you should. I am in awe of the courage you have shown. There is still a reserve of that down deep--know that. Know that there is still beauty coming your way.

I have been here long enough to see others who's initial posts were so heart wrenching that I would cry--like think4you. Her's just killed me. But I have seen the difference a year or so make and I have seen things turn around. The cream rises to the top in the end even if the milk has been stirred.

Just come here and give it to us like you just did. We're all pulling for you.

Posted by: newtoutah ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 03:26PM

Pull out your Bible....the real one....not the BOM ...
Read in the Book of Job.
Trust me, you do NOT have it as bad as Job had it.
And look at the blessings Job got later.
BTW, TSCC is NOT the same as the faith (pre-Jewish, pre-Christian) that Job had in God.
You can have faith without TSCC.
In fact, it is the only thing that will get you back to peace of mind.
Think PRIMITIVE CHURCH.
Forget all the built-up stuff by the Jewish Sadduces and Pharisees, by the Romanized, paganized Christians, by Martin Luthur's letter on the door that created modern Protestantism.
Go back to the Bible.
Start with Job.
Then Galatians.
Hope I'm not too late bringing this idea to you.
Hope you give it a try.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 04:06PM

"In fact, it is the only thing that will get you back to peace of mind." MANY people find peace of mind without ANY religion. If it works for you, great but it is NOT a one size fits all solution. In fact the vast majority of people find that taking a vacation from ANY religion is helpful while they find their feet.

Please remember this is a preaching/converting free zone. Feel free to talk about your own experiences and do use lots of "me" and "I" statements.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 04:15PM

"...the vast majority of people find that taking a vacation from ANY religion is helpful while they find their feet."

I have found this to be true several times, even though I've always been quite religious. A month off here or there to give your own head a shake doesn't hurt and can be most helpful to get things into perspective.

Posted by: escapee nli ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 03:59PM

You've been through hell. I remember your story, about all your stuff being put in storage by your family while you were away on a business trip. I hope I've got that right. I'm sorry that happened to you.

When I stopped believing, it was only myself I had to worry about--I have never married or had kids. I was raised Catholic and was the only convert. So I don't know how it feels to be you, still I sympathize. What your family did to you is unspeakably hateful.
It hurt when I realized the truth, and yet it was a relief.
This is a good forum to come to. Yes, some of the posts can be a bit much, but this is a place for people to let off steam, and that's how some of them do it. I don't care about Marie's tit size either, but I don't care about Marie that much.

Maybe all that is inane, but that's what is so great about this forum. It's so diverse. I was telling my sister recently that you can talk about most anything here and get an education. We've discussed carpet, pet health, weddings, marriage equality, gay rights, and oh yeah, Mormonism. And more. So much more.

This forum was there for me when my dog died and also when my mom died last September. These fine perverts--I mean people--will be there for me when I lose my dad--but hopefully that won't happen anytime soon. I'll keep him for as long as I can. In the meantime, I'm going to rock on.

All is not lost. Stick around, or find a forum more to your liking. But you can do it, and there is life after Mormonism. All us perverts are here to prove it.

Other Susan

Posted by: Tiny Tears ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 04:14PM

xtremewayz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
>
> I am struggling to find an anchor post, trying to
> latch onto something that will give me purpose to
> live another day. I could give a @#$%& about
> Marie Osmond's tit size before and after. You
> perverts. Get a life and help someone. What i am
> drinking if anything is totally irrelevant. are
> your lives so empty that this is a priority to
> discover?? MY GOD, WTF??
>
> Crap like this is just another reason to just pack
> it in and swallow the bullet.

If you don't see a post that will help you, then you should (do what you have done and) start your own "anchor post". People on RFM recover at their own rate, in their own way. Sometimes busting loose with something frivolous is just the ticket. Sometimes, not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2014 05:15PM by Tiny Tears.

Posted by: Ihidmyself ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 04:25PM

wanting to talk with a real human who cares and who doesn't mind listening. Most of us have been through our own dark times when others have helped us and would love to pay it forward. If you ever need someone to talk to please send me an email grntkmbll@gmail.com. Also, Sunday mornings at 10:00 AM at the Harmon's in Draper. Good group every week.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.