Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: August 10, 2014 09:12PM

My TBM mom and her husband are being home taught right now. The home teacher is talking about how they are implementing key fobs to scan to enter the building. You don't have a fob, you can't get in. He says that they can limit the access that some users have. Example: women would not be able to have access to the building between the hours of 10 pm-6am. but the men will have access. this is a developing story.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Feelinglight ( )
Date: August 10, 2014 09:26PM

Good Lord. How dumb..

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 10, 2014 09:37PM

hahahaha...ok, that is funny!

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: August 10, 2014 09:48PM

They will know exactly who is in the building at all times.

Seriously, hope it cuts down on pedophile activity.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: August 11, 2014 06:38AM

Hey, who's the bishop meeting with? And where's Sister Prim?

Posted by: White Cliffs ( )
Date: August 10, 2014 09:37PM

Is this the Church Office Building we're talking about? Or a local chapel or stake center?

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: August 10, 2014 09:39PM

this is a stake center in Colorado springs.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 11:58PM

Location ? I wish to see this building.

Posted by: sd allison ( )
Date: August 10, 2014 09:42PM

In my area there are keypads to unlock the doors. There are several different codes given out the various wards. The bishoprics and stake presidencies have access all day, but all of the other codes do not work late at night or early in the morning. I suppose switching to a key fob would remove the need to memorize the code.

Posted by: ain't got no name yet ( )
Date: August 10, 2014 09:59PM

See? You guys had to talk about sex in church buildings, and this is what happens!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: August 10, 2014 10:32PM

frankie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Example: women would not be able
> to have access to the building between the hours
> of 10 pm-6am. but the men will have access.

Poor women. It seems like they will have to enter with a man or two.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: August 11, 2014 06:40AM

Mormon polyandry, love will find a way...

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: August 10, 2014 10:57PM

Just like in a fancy hotel!???

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: August 10, 2014 11:39PM

They probably had to go to a new system as they lost track of where all the keys went!
Wonder how hard it is to duplicate a fob or the code to a keypad.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: August 11, 2014 12:14AM

A decent Fob or card key system can be used in various manners if one needs a PIN in order to use it.

This makes it easy to track who has entered the building and if the card is lost or the person no longer is permitted entry, the PIN is blocked.

The all types of conditions that can be placed on the card like time, doors, etc.

It's almost impossible to duplicate the fob or code because one needs to be able to access the computer that grants the permissions and it is rarely ever on a network so a hacker can't get to it.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: August 11, 2014 01:35AM

So it takes a fob to walk into a Mormon church.

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: August 11, 2014 02:43AM

No more youth masturbation parties will be going on like they used to in Spencer W. Kimball's younger years.

Posted by: copper ( )
Date: August 11, 2014 06:58AM

That would stop me going into the Stake Center with my leaflets.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: August 11, 2014 07:18AM

Women and men going in together late at night...sounds like hankie pankie. Don't forget that system is letting "Big Brother" know which guy is using the church for his hookups.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: August 11, 2014 08:22AM

BS

Posted by: AlmostGone1 ( )
Date: August 11, 2014 09:10AM

My building has had a swipe card on it's main door for a couple of years.

Funny thing is it's only on 1 door and all the other doors still have the same old key.

And nobodies swipe card works on Monday after 5pm except for the missionaries and the facilities guy.

Posted by: anon today and tomorrow ( )
Date: August 11, 2014 01:16PM

Nothing new, many of the buildings have been switched over to prox cards, key fobs, or keypads. It was done because the number of keys getting lost and duplicated, and it was more of a building security measure.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: August 11, 2014 01:19PM

If I owned a bunch of income generating property and I wanted to preserve value/decrease maintenance cost than this is exactly what I would do.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 09:26PM

I will play the watch and wait game. The first time I am required to use a pass code to enter the building will be the last time I so enter.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 09:59PM

Next for LDS Inc:

RFID implants...

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 11:28PM

Sorry bishop, we couldn't clean the building. Nobody in the group had fob, or a penis. Yeah.

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 01:16AM

The fob is to get in when it's locked and nobody is there. During scheduled meetings the crash bars are unlocked and anybody can enter.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 01:27AM

Ha-ha-Ha-ha-ha!!-

Janis!

Sorry--I couldn't practice the organ. They wouldn't allow me to practice in the chapel without a skirt, which I pulled on over my pants. So ridiculous to work for free, anyway, when I was the sole support of my children, and had to pay a babysitter so I could practice.

Yes--a good protection of LDS assets. The thieves and vandals and pervs are all Mormons, BTW. Many times, at good old BYU, I was robbed of my books, my car was broken into, and I was attacked by men. The BYU campus was the most un-safe place I had ever been, and I had traveled a lot. My own (assigned) roommate stole my cash, jewelry, and even some of my clothes, to sell. Lovely Mormon RS president.

The lock-down is very appropriate, and like one poster said, I hope it cuts down on pedophilia.

I just remembered doing some work with a former SP on the computer at the stake house, and he kept trying to rub my thigh, so I left--and never spoke to the creepy old geezer again.

Posted by: SL Richards ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 05:50PM

So they don't have to take a count in Sac meeting and they can tell who is spying on member records and stealing fast offerings and tithing.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 11:37PM

It would be relatively inexpensive in install a radio frequeny ID (RFID) badge system in to any church building. All you have to do is to get the badge within a foot or so from the badge reader for the.door to unlock. That would allow specific individuals to have access to any combination of different doors, and to provide access during specific times if desired. It would also record the use of every badge, every time the badge is used (time and date and who it was). It would also record failed attempts too, like if someone who is unauthorized tries to use their card to get in to the Bishop's office. Putting this system in to a church would just prove what some of us know already, that the church is just a business.

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 11:05AM

Well, I had a calling as the ward security dude. Had to check the stake center, seminary and meeting house every night around eleven pm. Used to get the hair up on my neck when the ward building was dark and unlocked. Would turn on many lights to walk through. I have crapped myself more than once running into someone in a darkened classroom. Yeah, I carried pepper spray. Shouldn't gawd have prevented that? I'm down with fobs if I gotta check the building late at night. BTW, church odor is worse when no one is there. No distractions. Dead in the face stench.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 11:51AM

Badge in, badge out,

make sure you are carrying your scriptures,

check you are dressed appropriately,

check those ears for any extra earrings,

and confiscate all those evil electronic devices......

The time is coming.....

Posted by: bowl brush fob ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 03:05PM

Not a chance I would allow TSCC to give me one of those devices. Bish "interviews" could include his review of fob data.

"Yes lord, I cleaned* the toilets, and it only took me 5.3 minutes. I get equal temple time, right?"

*sprayed a lot of lysol, no brushing

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: August 07, 2017 11:03AM

Until their are video monitoring devices at the entrance they won't prevent tailgating and hankee pankee. But, why would you go there anyway.

Perhaps because their are no cameras, it's dark, and portable mattresses are easy bring along.

Have fun Sunday Mormons.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.