Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: August 12, 2014 11:25PM

https://www.facebook.com/theaquabats/photos/a.272474334291.140927.13162339291/10152649123129292/?type=1&theater

If the link is deleted, The Aquabats posted a pic of them and Robin Williams. Then this comment from a facebook missionary:

Elder Nicholas Foster http://www.mormon.org/faq/topic/death Death is sad, but hey! MC Bat Commander would want you all to check out this page about what happens after!

MC Bat Commander might be asking why he has such stupid fans on missions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: freckles ( )
Date: August 12, 2014 11:30PM

What an ass. He hasn't even been gone 24 hours... but hey let's use his tragic passing as a sales pitch. Wtf

Posted by: Kismet ( )
Date: August 12, 2014 11:58PM

Ugh... I just realized that Mormons are going to be falling all over themselves to be the one who gets to do the temple work for Robin Williams. Vultures.

And yeah, trust some brainwashed missionary to see a tragic death as a sales opportunity. He's just making his tacky religion look even worse.

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 04:40PM

Kismet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mormons are going to
> be falling all over themselves to be the one who
> gets to do the temple work for Robin Williams.

One?

Posted by: crookedletter ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 12:29AM

The mishie's post is entirely out of place. It reads like any other one of those scam ads that show up in comments sections. I'd have been embarrassed by that even as a TBM.

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 12:33AM

ughh.

It does say in the white handbook to seek out (take advantage of) people who have just had a death close to them.

The kid is just following directive given to him from other out of touch people/corporate owners.

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 12:45AM

Are they going to the same thing with Lauren Becall? I hope not! Idiot stupid missionary! As if capsizing on a beloved movie star's passing gonna get them new members! Not!

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 01:25AM

So sick on so many levels. But praise be it might be the salvation of some sicko.

Posted by: Xyandro ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 01:51AM

Love this response to him:

(Zac Hill) Elder Nicholas Foster, I hope some day you realize why it is inappropriate to peddle religion in situations like this. It just makes you look like a vulture.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 02:13AM

He's in the Santa Rosa mission, if anyone wants to tell his MP what a jerk he's being. Also, if you click on his name by his comment, you can go to his page and send him a message. It will go to his "other" box but he probably checks it if he is using FB to proselyte. Be sure and tell him he's making Mormons look stupid, or he'll probably take your comments as anti-Mormon hate speech. Or, better yet, tell him you suspect he's an anti-Mormon, making Mormons look like insensitive jerks.

Just an idea ...

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 02:20AM

Wow, that's low !!!. This kids thinks that Mormons are the only ones that believe in some form of an afterlife. Reminds me when my TBM mom would say, "if they only knew, death is nothing to be sad about. But they don't have the truth" When ever a non Mormon died.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 02:31AM

this is a wonderful find cheezus. it looks like the other spam adds on FB

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 09:32AM

It is bad that the missionary puts MC Bat Commander in a strange position too. If Bat Commander is a believer, that's fine. But would he really want to use the death of a person he appears to be paying homage to as a chance to tell the Gentiles about Mormon death beliefs? I have not seen him say anything about mormon sales. So this idiot missionary should not put words in other people's mouths...especially if they are somewhat famous.

Posted by: Utahhiker801 ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 10:11AM

I know someone who works (I'm sure unpaid) for the church in the name extraction department. She does higher level monitoring and problem solving. When someone famous dies, they put a block on allowing that person's name from being submitted because so many people end up submitting their names.

I appreciate that they do that; I don't care what the underlying motivations are (my skeptic side says it's to avoid the bad press. The church side would say those idiots, who are only seeking holy bragging rights, have no right to submit names of complete strangers.)

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 10:29AM

... that turns EVERY funeral into a sales pitch for paying tithing to the cult.

Posted by: ET89 ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 10:48AM

I doubt it will do much good, but I sent him the following message.

Your comment left on the picture of Robin WIlliams was disgusting completely inappropriate. The way it was worded, you sound like a snake oil salesman peddling his wares. If you're going to take advantage of someone's death at least use more appropriate language. Something like "Death is an unfortunate part of our Earthly life. If anyone would like to talk about their grief feel free to pm me." Would have been far more appropriate and more likely to help you lure people in.
Robin Williams death is sensitive for many people, myself included. This wasn't a man who died happily, surrounded by family, knowing he was loved. This was a man so tormented by his own chemical imbalances that he felt he had no choice but to take his own life. For those of us living with depression and who have/are struggling with suicidal ideation a death like this is powerful. If someone as vibrate and strong as this man can take his life how can I possibly hold out? I urge you to please you more discretion in the future.
God Bless.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 04:43PM

ET89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I doubt it will do much good, but I sent him the
> following message.
>
> Your comment left on the picture of Robin WIlliams
> was disgusting completely inappropriate. The way
> it was worded, you sound like a snake oil salesman
> peddling his wares. If you're going to take
> advantage of someone's death at least use more
> appropriate language. Something like "Death is an
> unfortunate part of our Earthly life. If anyone
> would like to talk about their grief feel free to
> pm me." Would have been far more appropriate and
> more likely to help you lure people in.
> Robin Williams death is sensitive for many people,
> myself included. This wasn't a man who died
> happily, surrounded by family, knowing he was
> loved. This was a man so tormented by his own
> chemical imbalances that he felt he had no choice
> but to take his own life. For those of us living
> with depression and who have/are struggling with
> suicidal ideation a death like this is powerful.
> If someone as vibrate and strong as this man can
> take his life how can I possibly hold out? I urge
> you to please you more discretion in the future.
> God Bless.

===============================================
Very very good!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.