Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 07:00PM

According to the Book of Mormon and the Apostles of the church, there was NO DEATH before the Garden of Eden. This is a fact according to LDS religion.

The question is this - According to Mormon Doctrine (not the book) who made the first kill?

If you say Cain (Cain killed Abel) that is not correct. If you say Abel because Abel sacrificed animals (he killed them) to God while Cain sacrificed fruity stuff and veggies to god and God prefered Abels meat offering over Cain's fruits. It does show God is not into fruits and veggies but loves meat. Does god prefer Lamb or T-Bone?

You would still be wrong.

The first one to kill was GOD. YES, GOD!!!!! God was the first one to kill. In the Temple you learn that God made Adam and Eve clothes out of the coats of animals. God killed those animals or he at least skinned them alive.

The Mormon god must love death and mayheim or maybe he just likes to hunt and eat uncooked meat much like the Book of Mormon describes the people in the Book of Mormon who ate uncooked flesh.

For dinner shall we have carrots, potatoes and leafy stuff or the food of the Mormon God T-BONE steaks?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 07:05PM

I think the animal skin clothes and animal sacrifices were done after the fall.....that's why they made the animal skin clothes....to cover themselves when they realized they were naked....after they ate the fruit and fell.

Date: August 13, 2014 07:07PM

Yes - the clothes were after the fall of Adam and Eve but before anyone else could kill.

Date: August 13, 2014 07:12PM

Death entered the world when they fell. If I recall correctly, they made the clothes themselves to hide their nakedness from God.....so they must have killed the animals to make the clothes.

What do you mean "after the fall but before anyone else could kill"? Where are you getting that? They fell, and death entered the world....who say's who can kill and who can't? Never heard of that before.

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 07:18PM

There was two sets of clothes made.

Adam and Eve made an apron of leaves.

Then God mocked their fashion sense and gave them the much sexier leather clothes

Also I think the OP meant before anyone else took the chance to kill, or maybe before they realized they could kill... God showed them they could, apparently.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2014 07:20PM by nonsequiter.

Posted by: Ex Aedibus ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 07:07PM

I think's I'll take another one of those Kolob FarmsĀ® T-Bones.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 07:17PM

Date: August 13, 2014 07:33PM

That would be Kobe beef.

Kolob beef is the "meat" you get after mormon "milk"....and we all know what happens with that......

TBM: bishop, I'm having a hard time swallowing something I heard in GD class last Sunday....its like something is stuck in my throat choking me.

Bishop: Oh, that's just a piece of mormon meat. Yeah, it is rather tough to chew and even harder to swallow, but don't worry, I don't think we serve that kind of meat anymore. That gets into some pretty deep cooking.

Date: August 13, 2014 07:47PM

I am going to head down to Safeway and pick up some Kolob Farms brand of Kolb T-Bones for dinner. I may also get some Kolob Farms brand of Kolob brisket to bar-b-que in the smoker this weekend. The ribs are only for those that have drunk the kool aide.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 09:21PM

Ah, but Elohim could have teleported the skins from one of his other planets where death already existed. Or he could've conjured them out of thin air. Word had it, though, that Elohim's hides had zero fashion sense, because all the best designers are gay, and he had already banished them.

Date: August 14, 2014 03:04AM

Stray Mutt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ah, but Elohim could have teleported the skins
> from one of his other planets where death already
> existed. Or he could've conjured them out of thin
> air. Word had it, though, that Elohim's hides had
> zero fashion sense, because all the best designers
> are gay, and he had already banished them.

TSCC used to teach Jesus was the Savior for not only this world but for all of gods creations. Everyone and everything everywhere were dependent upon Jesus suffering for the sins of everything everywhere.

They also taught unofficial via Seminary that Adam and Eve were brought to this earth from another planet so -

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 09:42PM

Han did.

Posted by: Greedo ( )
Date: August 14, 2014 04:18AM

I didn't even shoot!

Posted by: perky ( )
Date: August 14, 2014 12:24AM

It's all so freaking stupid I'm embarrassed I participated in this shit.

Posted by: druid ( )
Date: August 14, 2014 02:21AM

Eve: Adam you must partake of this fruit or I will be cast out and you will be left a lone man in the garden of Eden.

Adam: Shuckie darn Eve you really goofed things up, off you go.

Eve: In the lone and dreary world there will be sex and hunting. They are delicious to the taste and very desirable. You could kill that snow leopard over there and I could make a two piece with a tail- like has been done on other worlds.

Adam: I will partake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2014 02:34AM by druid.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: August 14, 2014 06:40AM

I was a member for some years before I even heard of the absurd doctrine "no death before Eden." When DW and I first went to the temple in 1981, the endowment referred to Eden as a "similitude" which I took to mean an allegory. I first heard the claim of no death in SS around 2000 or so and immediately told the teacher it wasn't so and is a needless doctrine. Much like the needless Catholic doctrine of the immaculate conception. The word "similitude" was later taken out of the endowment. I guess I wasn't the only person who took the whole thing as an allegory and not as literal.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.