Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: August 18, 2014 08:34PM

Okay, being an older guy, Disney movies don't make it to the top of the queue often, but this one made me think.

The fake mom is so mormonism. Keeping Rapunzel in the tower "for her benefit and protection." Consuming Rapunzel, while Rapunzel believes her fake mom has her interests in heart, without question or challenge. Then watching Rapunzel's anxiety and growth as she leaves the tower, and experiences life and realizes her own identity and her fake mother's false identity.

"So, mormon friend, as long as you are never going to challenge what you are told by your mormon leaders, you're like Rapunzel, and you'll forever be in that tower, thinking it has your bests interest. But in reality, it's just consuming your life."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cinnamint ( )
Date: August 18, 2014 11:51PM

Fantastic. It's interesting to watch movies post-mo, that make one find parallels to TSCC. The Truman Show is an obvious one. I like your Tangled metaphor. Too tired to think of others.

Posted by: Taddlywog ( )
Date: August 19, 2014 12:05AM

Mother Gothel

Gothel sounds suspiciously like another word that starts with g. I wonder if that's intentional...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.