Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 08:10AM

We humans act on our emotions more than out reason. My most intense spiritual experiences always involved a social situation. My spiritual experiences that I had alone always paled in comparison.

I had some, but I had to really put for effort with motivation I lacked.

Given this, I've concluded that spiritual experiences come from an external environment and not an internal environment. Even alone I had to think of things other than myself to attempt to feel some kind of spirit.

I couldn't focus on my navel, blessings, eternal perspective to get there.

Maybe it was just me, but spiritual experiences in my opinion are simply positive shared emotions or reflections upon other positive shared emotional experiences.

We often have a hard time understanding the range, spectrum and breadth of human emotions and in our reductionism we make them simple things like anger, love, annoyance.

They inform us in all aspects of life so when a Mormon leader evokes the Mormon Jesus some people feel him because this feeling is strengthened by others.

No wonder denial of The Holy Ghost is the worst sin.

It is pulling the curtain back.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.