Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Keith Vaught ( )
Date: August 23, 2014 12:19AM

They closed the Sierra Leone and Liberia missions due to the Ebola outbreak. I'm glad they evacuated 274 missionaries out of there.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865607954/Ebola-outbreak-prompts-evacuation-of-LDS-missionaries-from-two-African-nations.html?pg=all

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2014 12:20AM by Keith Vaught.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: August 23, 2014 12:26AM

TWO Mormons already died of Ebola?

That's unacceptably high for such a small group.

Let's hope the rest is quarantined appropriately .

Posted by: Highland ( )
Date: August 23, 2014 08:18AM

..."such a small group"..who hold the priesthood and could have been saved by the authority (not power) of Jeebus.

Posted by: orange ( )
Date: August 23, 2014 12:48AM

The tscc will replace the dead with more salespeople to make sure their quarterly earnings report to the profit is not disappointing. The shareholders (the twelve and GA) will be angry if they don't have a comfy retirement account.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: August 23, 2014 01:42AM

Gee... being the only true church and with magical priesthood powers and all, you'd have thought they would just stick around and start healing people.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: August 23, 2014 07:36PM

azsteve Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gee... being the only true church and with magical
> priesthood powers and all, you'd have thought they
> would just stick around and start healing people.

Yeah you would wouldn't you?

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: August 23, 2014 02:00AM

You notice that they don't say WHO died of Ebola. Were they 18 years old? Or were they 70? What were they doing there? How did they contract the disease? Who were these two who died for their church?

Were they missionaries? Were they people who were members? Who were they? Silence.

That says "cover up" in mormon speak.

Posted by: Not logged in ( )
Date: August 23, 2014 04:54AM

Those missionaries were probably in the LDS Hospital, next to your Uncle Harry. Keeping a disease like ebola a secret is a crime against the National and World Health Organizations. The laws never do apply to Mormons, though. Just give the diseased missionaries a blessing that they won't be contagious, and give Uncle Harry a blessing that he won't catch it from them. I can see the evil Mormon cult bringing ebola to America.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 23, 2014 08:20AM

Closing the missions was the sensible thing to do under the circumstances. It sounds like the Mormons who got sick were local members.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 23, 2014 09:27AM

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: August 23, 2014 09:39AM

geez, whatever it takes to hightail TSCC out of poor Africa that surely doesn't need any more problems at this moment thank-you very much!

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: August 23, 2014 09:57AM

I don't understand why there was no write-up about those two Mormons.

Were they natives and not worth mentioning in Utah?

Were they white and the morg tried to keep it secret so as not to discourage missionaries?

I'd be interested in what, if anything, was done by the church to help the victims?

It's extremely weird the way two Ebola deaths are mentioned so casually in passing, almost like an afterthought.
WTF?

Date: August 23, 2014 10:04AM

"There was no word Friday about whether the outbreak would impact church meetings this weekend."

WHO THE F*CK CARES WHEN THERE IS AN OUTBREAK? Are you kidding me? Narcissistic twats.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 23, 2014 10:29AM

Yes, I couldn't believe that last statement as well. The Mormon church should cancel all meetings in affected areas until the outbreak is contained.

Date: August 23, 2014 10:31AM

exactly. It makes me sick that it may or may have not been done.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: August 23, 2014 10:24AM

How can they move to other countries? I would think movement would be restricted. Why doesn't TSCC act to help get the experimental treatments to these countries and to help protect the members? I can understand moving out young missionaries who are not really adults so far as understanding the world and are not really volunteer but young people pressured to go on missions and having no choice where they go. Other faiths have people who are committed for the long haul in missionary work, not kids who have folks back in Utah, etc., who would raise holy hell if their missionary son or daughter caught ebola and died.

If any are currently infected and carry it to another country, TSCC will have egg on its face.

Posted by: WillieBoy ( )
Date: August 23, 2014 02:36PM

Would Jesus have left or would have have healed the sick?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.