Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: August 24, 2014 02:57PM

I receive a lot of Facebook news feed and it seems to me that when most people send something religious it is Jesus Saves or pray for this or that. Usually nothing about their particular church.

Mormons on the other hand seem to have the need to included the name of their church in every single thing they send. It is almost always something they have copied or reposted instead of what they think or what they feel. I get the same stupid pictures or the same stupid sayings over and over from them.

Now the Morons have starting posting their testimonies on Face Book. They are almost the same word for word. UGH!!!!!!!!!11

I guess there is the slight possibility that someone some where some time will say Your on Candid Camera.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: August 24, 2014 03:04PM

My tbm family and acquaintances are also filling FB with this crap. I guess the church told them to.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: August 24, 2014 03:06PM

The only thing I've seen from TBM's on Facebook is that they're participating in the ice bucket challenge fad now. The only time they post anything religious is when they're in the middle of their conference morgasm, or one of their children just got baptized.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2014 03:07PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: August 25, 2014 01:03PM

It brings the inner person to the surface. What used to be held back because of discretion, manners, common sense, etc. becomes more transparent.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: August 25, 2014 01:35PM

That is the perfect description of Facebook. And why I got the hell off of that mess.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: August 25, 2014 01:09PM

Maybe it's the specific members I have on my Friends list, but I usually only see some major announcement, which stirs up discussion, or some page that is made by the LDS Church about something. Generally there is not much discussion abut those.

The name of the church is on the items, but not usually in a personal comment.

Yes, they are told to testify on social media.
But I don't see much of it on my FB page.

I also make categories and keep groups I know separate so it doesn't max out my newsfeed. I can check the separate pages if I want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2014 01:10PM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: August 25, 2014 01:54PM

They are such lemmings. Cookie cutter cut outs of each other just

like the church wants everyone to be. Its really sad, they just

continually spew out the slogans like good little mindless

robots.

Posted by: crookedletter ( )
Date: August 25, 2014 02:12PM

I'm steadily removing all the mormon memes that I can as they appear. A little line appears that asks why I want to remove the post. I always respond that it's annoying/I'm not interested, or they're trying to sell me something. Hopefully, FB will see the pattern soon and block similar junk in advance for me!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: August 25, 2014 02:22PM

I must have some terrific Mormon friends and relatives and loved ones as they are not "idiots" or "lemmings" or "cookie cutter" "robots". I keep all my LDS friends and family in my Friends list.

If anyone posts anything I am not interested in, I can ignore it, or remove it. It certainly does not bother me in the least.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.