Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: September 02, 2014 04:36PM

This really happened. I recently was told about a man that was excommunicated for tearing a book of mormon in half. The Stake President was so fucking upset by it that the Stake President refused to allow the man to be rebaptized for 7 years. It took a total of 9 years before he had his membership and "priesthood blessings" restored.

The Stake President even had the mans excommunication announced in Sacrament Meeting in all the ward's in his stake.

Can you believe all the misery this Stake President caused over a fictional cartoon story? What an asshole this Stake President was/is. If your really interested, the Stake President become the temple president in Houston.

Courts of Love are really courts of revenge and courts of I can torture you.

The man now will have nothing to do LDS ChurchCo. He said he did everything they required of him and was obedient to all their commands. He also said that every time he got a new bishop, the new bishop would interview him often about his respect for the fictional cartoon book called The Book of Mormon. He said they never would let it go. He finally decided it was best to quit trying to repent of a mistake. He said he was not mad at the time and it was only a book.

I am going to send a torn in half copy of the Book of Mormon to the Houston Temple as a sign of my disgust with ChurchCo. Plus the BOM is free. Even better. Want to join me?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2014 05:29PM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: September 02, 2014 04:53PM

Is he performing weddings for 12yo's there? Sorry man but you relate a lot of stories that strain credibility. Even assuming the SP had done this, it would not stand up on its own in appeal, there is nothing in the list of criteria for excommunication that comes even close to tearing a BoM in half.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 02, 2014 06:46PM

Mormon bishops and SPs are not consistently faithful to commandments from god and certainly do not always honor lists.

Posted by: White Cliffs ( )
Date: September 02, 2014 09:21PM

If he got called on it, the stake president could just embellish--a lot--or outright fabricate some confessions or conversations.

I'm not saying that all stake presidents would do that, but I'm sure that some of them would do it if they thought it would help accomplish a righteous goal.

"But Elder Holland, he was praising Satan right there in my office! He said Satan commanded him to tear the Book of Mormon in half! He's been throwing rocks at the missionaries for years! He burned his garments in front of a gay bar!"

That kind of thing.

Posted by: DeAnn ( )
Date: September 02, 2014 05:04PM

What is so hard to believe in this story is the the BOM-tearing-in-half guy would even want to "repent of a mistake," that he would work for 9 years to get his "priesthood blessings" restored.

Nah. I don't think so.

Posted by: Kismet ( )
Date: September 02, 2014 05:07PM

I would love to tear a Book of Mormon in half. Will that phone book trick work, do you think?

Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: September 02, 2014 05:11PM

Gasoline and a match is much more cathartic. It's like watching the fires of hell consuming a major portion of the load of crap I've carried for so many years.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: September 02, 2014 05:31PM

Mormons use excommunication as a weapon to threaten people and keep them in line. The KK incident is evidence enough of that. If they ran the government, they would probably have burned her as a witch as well. They did it to Jean d'Arc.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: September 02, 2014 05:31PM

It maybe more effective tearing it in 10ths.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 02, 2014 06:24PM

But that's exactly what they do.

Extremist muslims behead those who put a Koran on the floor.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 02, 2014 06:48PM

put away. My daughter when she went back to the church gave her twin brother a bofm with her testimony written in the front of it. I kept smelling smoke one night and I kept asking my son if he was burning anything and he told me no. I was cleaning his room one day and found it. He said he burned it page by page. I saved it. He's asked how he could get ex'd rather than resign. Maybe I should show the bishop (No, I wouldn't). I can say this, if his sister ever sees it, I cannot even begin to imagine what will happen. I have it hidden in a place she'll never see it unless I choose to show it to her or she finds it when I die.

Posted by: Chloe ( )
Date: September 02, 2014 07:11PM

Should have used it for toilet paper instead.

The ultimate in gracious living.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: September 02, 2014 09:05PM

If you have a septic tank, don't use BoM for TP. It is so full of shit it might damage the septic tank.

Posted by: BYUboner ( )
Date: September 02, 2014 11:43PM

Well fuck me, I tore mine and trashed it, too! I don't think TSCC will question me about it or hold a court. They're too fucking frightened to confront an angry boner!

Posted by: White Cliffs ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 01:09AM

Good job, Boner! You've got to stand up for yourself!

Posted by: BYUboner ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 02:44AM

:-D

Posted by: Recovered Molly Mo ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 03:57PM

You know, instead of this silly "Ice Bucket Challenge" going around...how about a BOM tearing challenge?

What will be the chosen charity?

RMM

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 04:52PM

. . . or, better, yet, come to pass.

After all, the Morgue is really into quarterly reports.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2014 04:52PM by steve benson.

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 05:32PM

As a missionary I burnt a whole box of slightly water damaged book of Mormons on a fire to keep warm in winter. Didn't feel bad in the slightest for doing so - I guess it was a foreshadowing of later events.

Posted by: under the radar ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 08:36PM

Okay, time to go under the radar here so you don't flame me. (Actually, I may have already told this story with my real moniker.) But a few months ago I found an errant BoM in the house I didn't know that I still had. I go to work super early and drive right by DW's ward. I drove into the parking lot, ripped the BoM to pieces (it was a paperback), and flung it all out right in the parking lot and sidewalk by the main entrance. I was going about 25mph, and it went everywhere. Seminary would start in about 30-40 minutes. It felt good.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.