Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 10:12PM

The last few days have been tough. I don't want to get into detail here. Those of you who know me elsewhere will know what I'm talking about.

But I could use some pep and encouragement and this place always delivers. So please send prayers, happy thoughts, sparkles, whatever. Thanks :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Margie ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 10:20PM

Posted by: readbooks ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 11:17PM

Oh my goodness, Margie, the second one is my all time favorite youtube video. I even use it in my library classes to introduce foreign literature.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 10:30PM

I am sorry you are not feeling up to snuff. Have a cookie honey :)

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL678/3529167/7689502/145826449.jpg

Date: September 05, 2014 09:13AM

Thanks for the cookie Susan. :)

I will turn this situation into the better.

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 10:35PM

Sorry you're having a rough time, Fidget. You have a kind heart and karma tells me that things will work out. And soon. You maybe too young to know this movie but I pissed my pants laughing when I saw this:
http://youtu.be/rBWb5vVLMj4

Date: September 05, 2014 09:14AM

Thank you misterzelph. I wish Karma would hurry it's ass up.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 11:18PM

Sending you loves and dogbreath kisses!

Date: September 05, 2014 09:14AM

Doggy kisses are the best. Sometimes it's the only way I make it through my day. :)

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 11:19PM

Sending happy thoughts and love your way.

It helps to remember that things don't always go the way we plan. Just because life sends us something unexpected doesn't mean it is necessarily bad.

When I look back on my life, the things that pushed me forward the most, made me stretch personally, were the unexpected setbacks, illnesses, tragedies, etc.

I always tell my girls (and I think of you as one of my own) that the correct door to walk through is the one that circumstances open as an unfolding, not a forcing. The next step in the great life the universe holds for you will seem obvious when that happens, even though there is uncertainty now.

We here in Western countries treat uncertainty as if it were to be avoided at all costs. Strange because people in other parts of the world - millions of them - have learned to live with uncertainty on a daily basis and still find joy.

I hope these words give you comfort. Your life is still a flower.

Love

Kathleen Waters

Date: September 05, 2014 09:16AM

Thank you Kathleen. Your words do give me comfort. I struggle with change and I struggle when it is out of my control, but I will do what I always do and make this situation better.

Date: September 04, 2014 03:45PM

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words. You guys are awesome.

I know we will turn this situation around. I just wish life would give me a tiny break :)

Eta: I had more time this morning for personal thank yous. You all are too amazing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2014 09:16AM by fidget.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: September 04, 2014 03:47PM

for the best.

Date: September 05, 2014 07:36AM

I enjoy her posts also. Fidget and I have a little bit in common. We are both out, yet her and I have family members who are still in. She has compassion for people like me. God bless you, Fidget.

Date: September 05, 2014 07:36AM

I enjoy her posts also. Fidget and I have a little bit in common. We are both out, yet her and I have family members who are still in. She has compassion for people like me. God bless you, Fidget.

Date: September 05, 2014 09:16AM

Thank you so much imaworkonit.

Posted by: To hell in a handbasket ( )
Date: September 04, 2014 03:47PM

Sending intangible star shaped sprinkles your way (you know, the ones you put on cupcakes?)

Date: September 05, 2014 09:17AM

Those are the best kind

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 04, 2014 09:01PM

Aww, I'm sorry, Fidget. Hopefully things will right themselves soon. You deserve to be happy.

Date: September 05, 2014 09:17AM

Thank you Summer. I think I'll be happy soon, it might just be different than the happiness I was expecting and planning.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: September 04, 2014 11:01PM

Date: September 05, 2014 09:18AM

Thanks Itz! You're the best.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: September 04, 2014 11:51PM

Sometimes the things that pin us down are also the things that set us free. Try to be patient, and let others help you when they offer. That's the most difficult thing for me. I always want to do it all by myself. Seems like I should have outgrown that by now, but I haven't.

Take things ONE day at a time. Don't put so much pressure on yourself. Don't push yourself so hard today that you can't function tomorrow. Don't obsess about the future. Focus on the morning, then noon, then evening, then sleep. Wake up tomorrow and repeat. Do things that bring you physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual peace. Don't let others tell you how or what you need to do. Only you and teachers you seek out know the answers to that.

Stop. Close your eyes, breathe in and breathe out. Smell the wonders of the fall air, the flowers, and the change of season. Take it all in. Relax, repeat. Events happen in their own time and way. Eat well, rest well, love well, and focus on how wonderful that can feel. It my be fleeting, and not as much as you want, but it's ok. Focus on the moments that you get.

Date: September 05, 2014 09:18AM

Thank you madalice. I needed that.

I'm going to email you today. I might be up by you sooner than expected.

Date: September 05, 2014 07:27AM

Madalice, your words were meant for Fidget but I needed to hear them right now. Thank you. :-)

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 10:20AM

Wishing you all the best Fidget

Sending you some good vibes from Paris

Tom

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 10:39AM

Virtual [distance] hugs shared and a thanks always for everything. Quick rebounds!!

M@t

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 11:05AM

Good vibes coming your way Fidget!

Posted by: In a hurry ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 03:58PM

- Sparkles
- Fringes
- Polished brass doorknobs (beautiful way to go out one door and through another)
- Double rainbows
- Velvet rabbits
- Cups of hot cocoa (with miniature marshmallows)
- Falling stars
- Orange, purple and navy-blue sunsets
- Lacy parasols
- Comfy overstuffed chairs and hassocks of just the right heights

and a big hug

Saree,
with apologies to the songwriter of "My Favorite Things"

Posted by: Q ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 07:55PM

I'm a lurched but I hope love n healing in for u fiddgy

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 08:38PM

SO sorry love. I hope things work out REALLY well for you!! I will send you some Kangaroo kisses as well as hugs from me and my beautiful cat!!

I too am facinga world of challenge right now, and it is difficult, not easy at all. So from me to you, across the oceans, it is getting better!!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 09:20PM

Sweet dreams
Peas and love
Turn the corners
Smiles back always

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.