Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: June 13, 2013 10:18AM

An interesting idea from a SLC lady:

http://www.cityweekly.net/utah/article-67-17601-julie-i-want-to-thank-you-for-your-creative-so.html

An excerpt:

While in California recently, I stopped at an eatery and looked up across the street to behold the majestic San Diego LDS temple. I have spent many hours there convinced I was “saving the dead.” That notion, in a city that boasts the third-largest homeless population in the United States and the largest percentage of homeless veterans, is embarrassing, not to mention incomprehensible.

In 2012, it was reported that the LDS Church spent more money building City Creek Center than it spent in the past 25 years on humanitarian contributions. It’s no small curiosity, since tax-exempt status was granted to religions ostensibly to pick up the slack for the poor and needy. And it’s rather disingenuous, considering that the church requires members to pay 10 percent of their gross income for the privilege of entering one of those temples.

Comments are predictable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 13, 2013 11:22AM

LOL! Love it.

Speaks the volumes I don't want to write.

Nothing says money-crazed cult like "The Mormons." Well, Scientology is even more overt if that is possible.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 13, 2013 11:26AM

left4good Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Comments are predictable.

Interesting how when confronted with the facts about their church, Mormons comment with a guilt-induced list of what they are doing to help.

Ok. So they are the charity their church gives. Thank you Mormons.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.