Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 01:38PM

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865610246/This-is-what-the-new-equality-looks-like.html?pg=all#XAdAEevg1Y7t9bmM.01

Funny and interesting. Also sad.

Running scared of the terrible gay "agenda".

Also funny the author whines about how the definition of equality has changed (she must have believed equality was previously defined as inequality)

Funny because of the LDS church recently redefining words such as "translate" and "prophet"

Seems like mormons like to change word's meanings more than others.

Which group has more of an agenda? The ones trying to lead the lives they can with what theyve got or the ones knocking down your door at all hours of the day trying to tell you how to live?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2014 01:38PM by nonsequiter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 01:44PM

Not all gay people have an agenda...

... some are actually terribly disorganized. ;)

Date: September 05, 2014 01:46PM

lol, Im gonna quote you on that

Posted by: reuben ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 01:46PM

The gays!!!!!!!!! Beware, they are out to take over neighborhoods, improve property values, and make them safer! (at least thats what they do here in DC)

Date: September 05, 2014 01:51PM

The comments are also astounding:

"I agree with the article 100%. Even if you can't agree with the author's position, you should be able to see that non-conformity with the gay agenda has become practically a crime in the court of public opinion."

Ignoring the fact that homosexuality actually was (and still is in many places) a very serious crime.

"I applaud Kimberly for being willing and able to clearly state some of the realities that face those who support Traditional Families in our society today."

Yes, it must be very difficult to be someone who is totally validated by society in general not to mention automatically accepted by their religions and extended families..

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 02:30PM

Yes, those poor poor bigots are having their free speech threatened.

I'm Canadian and even I understand that the first amendment doesn't mean everyone has to hand you a megaphone, or like what you say, or not shout you down, it means the *goverment* won't restrict your speech.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 02:26PM

How creepy is that? It makes no sense whatsoever. Is she saying that every organization who donates to or promotes the Days of 47 parade should give equal treatment to the Gay Pride parade? All those corporations? How about the corporation of Tommy?

The non-existent gay agenda is responsible for redefining the word "equality" by asking for equality (i.e. equal access, equal treatment, equal respect). But her group expecting the word "family" to mean only hateful white bigots who marry other hateful white bigots and pop out at least 5 hateful white bigots to multiply and replenish the hateful white bigot population is not a redefinition?

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 02:52PM

Nailed it

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 04:22PM

I don't know what "white" has to do with it.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 02:50PM

MY gay agenda definitely includes thanking you for the warm support I feel from all you allies out there.

At THE LAVENDER EFFECT we don't just use "LGBTQ" when we refer to our community. We add an "A" - for allies!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2014 02:51PM by PapaKen.

Posted by: poin0 ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 02:51PM

There is a gay agenda. It's to get gay people the same rights as straight people.

Posted by: hopefulhusband ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 03:07PM

If the gays get them rights, soon women in the church will be demanding the same treatment. Can't have that. Derp.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 04:05PM

This is a first. I have never laughed so hard and been sick to my stomach at the same time like this in my life.

OMG! Is this article not the very epitome of what Mormons do best? Does anyone twist words more than Mormons so that they can claim their status as the most persecuted on earth all while screwing everyone else to the wall?

The last sentence is particularly horrifying as it expresses the "entitlement" of a sick mind comparable to a Grand Dragon.

It is cowardice that fears having the playing field leveled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2014 04:06PM by blueorchid.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 04:07PM

I remember back in the 60's articles in the paper about "The Black Agenda."

Posted by: anon4 this ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 04:09PM

You should post that to the Deseret News.

Date: September 05, 2014 04:10PM

Me too. The same type of people--those hoping to keep their unfair advantage-- were all saying "Give them an inch and they'll take a mile" with regards to Blacks fighting for equal rights. I heard that a lot in the fifties and sixties.

Posted by: jesuswantsme4asucker ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 04:34PM

The only agenda I have ever seen from the gay community is to have the same opportunities and chances for happiness that everyone else gets. They aren't asking for a special type of marriage, like being able to have a 5 year wedding contract, or being able to practice polygamy when the straights can only have monogamy. Hell they don't even want special bathrooms like the handicapped people get. How the f*ck can it bother people so badly to treat someone like a human just because they don't live exactly your same lifestyle. Its something I will never understand.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 04:42PM

yes.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 06:19PM

Those poor formerly gay men should put one of these in their cars.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unreasonablefaith/2014/03/meet-the-wife/

Posted by: BYUboner ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 06:31PM

Hey Nonsequiter,

Quite an opinion piece. I wonder why the DN published it? Okay, I get it, the Morg has an agenda—to enslave people to bash others, demand obedience to its cult, and to elicit financial support for its efforts. So, fuck them.

Okay, now the real reason for the post...I'm a 60s white male, married with children, and I'm apologizing to you and the rest of the board for my stupid, uninformed opinions of the past.

Like many others of my generation, the greatest insult to another guy was to call him a f*g, fairie, etc. When I grew up in Los Angeles, I did not know a person who was gay and out. In my high school, coming out may have been grounds for physical violence, shunning, gossip, etc. Forgive our stupidity.

As I grew older, I became more aware of individuals in my life, many of whom did not share my beliefs, skin color, etc. Because of friendships and interactions, like many, I changed my views on others in my community who were different from myself.

It pains me greatly to read articles and hear others bash gays because we're all humans and our differences are what make us unique. Please forgive those who are so egocentric that they cannot see that they are hurting their friends, family members, and neighbors.

Nonsequiter, from your posts, it appears that your family is slowly coming to grips with the beautiful man that you are. I hope that they continue to support you but recognize that you, whether or not you have this belief, are a man created in the image of your creator.

I greatly enjoy your posts, hearing about your struggles/successes and look forward to many more interactions on the board.

Please accept my sincere apologies for my youthful stupidness and insensitivity. The good news is that I have changed!

Blessings, love, joy, good friendships, and a wonderful life come your way. Proud to be your friend, The Boner.

Date: September 05, 2014 06:40PM

It's okay Boner.

Thy sins are forgiven.

Go forth and sin no more.

Date: September 05, 2014 06:45PM

nonsequiter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's okay Boner.
>
> Thy sins are forgiven.
>
> Go forth and sin no more.

Thanks, but there's no fucking way I can stop sinning; after all I'm a Boner!

Date: September 05, 2014 06:47PM

Hmm okay about this,

Go forth and sin, and enjoy it as much as you can.

Date: September 05, 2014 07:07PM

Fuck yeah!

Posted by: Chromesthesia ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 10:34PM

Good for you, Boner. Yes, the churches are going to lose when it comes to this issue because it's actually pro-family to accept your gay relatives and love them.

Posted by: outsider ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 07:42PM

I had a conversation with my extremely conservative BIL about tay gay, and the evils the bring to the world, including destroying marriage.

I had to agree: He's been married three times, my sister twice, and me twice.

My other sister has been with her partner for almost 27 years. Can you imagine how many more times we all would have had to get married and divorced had she been allowed to legalize her relationship?

Posted by: Cinnamint ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 11:03PM

That is the best point to use on people with multiple marriages.

Posted by: Chromesthesia ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 10:33PM

I love how being pro-family to these people means throwing your gay child, parent, friend, aunt, uncle under the bus. I love those family values. Yes, let's totally continue to drive gays to suicide, to make things harder for them when they try to have a happy life by banning gay marriage and even things like gays being allowed to visit their partners and make decisions.

Yes. So pro-family.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 05, 2014 10:37PM

there is a gay agenda ?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 06, 2014 09:47AM

So, let's see. Kimberly is whining because her group was denied free outdoor advertising space, free sponsorship from businesses, and free web hosting for their videos. It seems to me that all they need to do is fork over some bucks. Is that too hard?

It's a difficult time in which to be a bigot. A lot of people just aren't having it anymore, and they don't want to subsidize Kimberly's desire to be a bigot. You have to do that on your own dime.

Date: September 06, 2014 11:16AM

"It's a difficult time in which to be a bigot."

Good one. I am laughing so hard I am crying. You reminded me of that song, "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" which won the Oscar.

Is there anything more pathetic than a bigot whining that they aren't being treated fairly?

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: September 06, 2014 10:30AM

To listen to some relatives, yes there is a "gay agenda." The relatives like to project their own beliefs to others, and their agenda is that everyone be straight.

So "obviously" the gay agenda is that everyone be forced to have gay sex.

Posted by: Anon Brit ( )
Date: September 06, 2014 11:13AM

From the article - "The gay community has aggressively pursued and claimed equality for themselves. But why?"

I dunno, it's a mystery innit?

It's almost like gays don't like being sacked from their jobs, beaten up on the street, or barred from the funeral of their life partner.

Weird.

The ones I feel sorry for are those poor, poor 'traditional family' activists who have people actually, publicly, DISAGREEING WITH THEIR OPINIONS! And refusing to support them and give them money!

How can America claim to have free speech, when one person can voice an opinion only to have someone else come along and disagree with them, sometimes to the point of saying that forcing your own religious values on everyone else is bigoted? How can The Family even continue to exist when there are people out there who are proud of their gay son or delighted that their lesbian daughter has a baby on the way?

America is doomed I tell you, doomed. Its all going to end like this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ervtik_7jYQ

Date: September 06, 2014 11:34AM

Thank you. That was damn funny.

Date: September 06, 2014 11:33AM

What is with the Mormon agenda whose goal is to force everyone down to their level? Why should anyone else have to lower their standards just to match theirs?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.