Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mormon-0|Science-1 ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 02:50AM

First Mormon molestation was from an old friend who kept pinching my arm during a convention in Las Vegas. Had she paid attention to my wife's attire she wouldn't have needed to check nor confront me later about my falling away from the lamb. Yes folks, she said lamb.

Second garment police check was by my own mother in law. We went to a wedding and stood outside the temple. She walked out and hugged us and then questioned why we wouldn't have wanted to be inside. Later, she felt up my lower back and sleeve.

Reason 1,984,324,120 I left the Mormon cult. Perverts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 02:54AM

Call them out next time - 'are you checking to see if I'm wearing the approved church underwear?'

Posted by: Mormon-0|Science-1 ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 02:58AM

Great idea! I've not had it happen before so I had to comprehend that yes, I was being touched to see what kind of magical undies I had on. Next time...I'm calling them out.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 04:39AM

Mormons count on everyone to be nicer than they are and to cover and absorb their intrusiveness.

Posted by: Cowardly lion ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 10:25AM

EXCELLENT POINT! They always do count on people the be quiet (& submissive) during their intrusions! Just like the pop-ins!

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 03:17AM

I'd make a bigger scene. Geeeez what are you doing? Are you making sexual advances to me? Say it for all to hear!

Posted by: ASteve ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 02:40PM

Exactly. "WHoa there, if you want to get it on let's go get a hotel room, I'm not into public sex."

Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 03:44AM

This reminded me that I touched a friend tonight in way that could be considered garment checking even though it totally wasn't. I touched her shoulders because we were making fun of a guy who said he doesn't look at girls who show their shoulders (conservative tbm boy that one is!) and then again later above her knee because we were sitting next to each other and that was just an easy place to tough to get her attention. Sometimes it's entirely accidental, just places people touch. Of course, sometimes it's entirely deliberate too, and then perhaps the offenders should be called out on it.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 04:22AM

What a great idea for a you tube video. The garment feel up. Or how to check to see if someone is wearing garments or to know if someone is checking on you.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 09:19AM

It's happened to us only once, but it was as everyone here always said it would be. I had left the church, and DW and I were out on a walk and encountered an LDS friend. I was in a T-shirt and shorts and he began greeting me and rubbing his left hand all over my upper back and shoulders, I suppose trying to feel the garments underneath. Then he talked very enthusiastically to DW, rubbing his right hand all over her upper back.

It was either a garment feel-up or some sort of Mormon primate grooming ritual, like looking for nits in the hair.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 10:02AM

If an LDS friend started rubbing my wife all over her upper back he would wake up with a crowd round him. (and I wouldn't have been quick enough to be the one knocking him out).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2013 10:02AM by Stumbling.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 10:54AM

How does that work, Cludgie? Does it start out with a handshake, or a man hug, or a clap on the back? I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around how a casual encounter with a friend goes from "hello" to back and arm rubbing so quickly.

I might give a friend a quick hug hello or goodbye, but I'm not going to feel her up in the process.

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 11:13AM

It's so unreal! Dumb Mormons!!

Posted by: liminal state ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 11:24AM

I'm so important and self-entitled that your earthly norms don't apply to me.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 04:16PM

I can't count the number of "garment feel-up" incidents I was subjected to.
At first, I thought people were just being warm and friendly, with a hand shake and a pat on the back.

NO NO NO NO!! As a convert, I didn't "Get It" at first. They were checking for the garments to find out if I was a "worthy temple member"!

I learned very quickly, to keep my distance. Shake hands, then turn quickly and step back-move out of their personal space and that pretty much stopped the "garment checks"!

I often made a point of wearing clothing that would not show the garment lines!

Here is a religious group of people who claim that their covenants are sacred and then go about showing off how righteous and worthy they are with their underwear, of all things.

The other thing that was inappropriate: the two handed hand shake. ICK!!

Odd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2013 04:17PM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 04:48PM

I got felt up all the time when I was a pre-missionary at Ricks.

My friends got around it by wearing a white t-shirt and putting masking tape around their lower thighs.

I met so many girls who wouldn't give you the time of day if it was obvious you weren't wearing the magic underwear. Plenty more would strike up a conversation and it was usually about 20 seconds into it when they would ask where you served your mission. If you responded you hadn't (yet) they would politely end the conversation.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: July 13, 2013 02:52PM

I remember going to a concert at the former Ricks--the first year it was called by BYU-Idaho. An ensemble of female students performed a song called "the RM check." Yep, complete with dance motions---all about how good LDS ladies check for garmie lines.

Twisted.

Posted by: snuckafoodberry ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 05:27PM

This is potential for a very funny as well as informative YouTube video. I laugh at all these feel up stories and the story has been told on several ex and post Mormon sites. I invision the phrase, "What the hell?" Coming out of my mouth if that ever happened to me. Or maybe I would pull Meg Ryan's bit from When Harry met Sally.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2013 05:30PM by snuckafoodberry.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 06:05PM

The Stake president did the garment feel up with me.

We were in the foyer after church. There were a lot of people standing around. He came up and put his arm across my shoulders and started rubbing my shoulder. I turned my body in a full circle while stepping away from him. And, loud enough for everyone to hear I said "Don't touch me!" It got really quiet. I walked out the door laughing. He asked for it.

Posted by: smithscars ( )
Date: July 13, 2013 03:28PM

A funny Youtube might be what happened to me, especially since I didn't get it till the end and this guy was pretty close to being a stranger.

I saw an LDS friend I hadn't seen for years. He comes up to me and says Hi, as he rubs me across the back different than anyone ever has, then he stands back and says "So are you wearing your Eternal Smile?" I was like WTF.. then he says it again "Your Eternal Smile" as he is rubbing across my chest, then he grabbed my shirt and pulled it up as he said "Garments...you know" I didn't know and was very embarrassed as we were in a public store!!

Lucky I'm a guy :P

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 13, 2013 03:29PM

punched people in nose twice in a week

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 13, 2013 03:42PM

Had I ever worn magic underwear, and someone groped me to ascertain whether I was or not, that hand would have required medical attention....

Ron Burr

Posted by: jeff2 ( )
Date: July 14, 2013 05:38PM

Had a strange sensation. I have not been to church in ages.
I was talking with very nice Mormon co worker. An older lady, I am older man. I suddenly realized that the outfit I was wearing clearly showed I was not wearing garments. I felt very ackward wondering if this person noticed. She had to have.

I felt very self conscious. Very strange coming from someone who has used garments to clean up cat poop and also wiping up accidents from our very elderly dog who seems to have forgotten that he needs to go outside.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.