Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 03:29PM

There is a family that I am rather close to and they are LDS. I been around them a few times when they were complaining about gay marriage and rights, and on the topic of the freedom to make choices, one of them said (direct quote) "They made their choice when they decided to have sex." Which kind of bothered me because I thought "Imagine if some said that to you if you had sex without being married because you weren't allowed to marry that person. You would feel horrible."

But they seem very..."unmotivated" shall I say? about the church, but they really want to be good Mormons (and it seems to be more fear and habit based because they were all raised in the church) but this could be a little wake up call if TSCC allows gay marriage. I just really would like to see them leave because they really are good people and I don't want them to have another burden on them. They have enough already (at least half of them caused by LDS inc.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: StraightOuttaCompton ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 04:58PM

LDS reverse course on gay marriage? Not gonna happen.

The only way that would happen is if the Lord whispered into Tom's ear like the little birdy, but even then, that would mean turning your back on thousands of years worth of scripture.

At least with the brothas, they only had to turn their back on 150 years...

Posted by: joeshmit ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 05:07PM

All it will take is the gov't threatening to revoke their 501(c)3 status and forcing them to open up their books.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.