Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: queenb ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 04:01PM

https://www.facebook.com/events/341267762672884/

omg, its real. They even have a timeline, based on what letter your name starts with, you post at a certain time, so that facebook will be flooded with mormon stuff all day long! The girl that invited me to the group just posted a "inspirational" video.

but, some of the comments on the group wall are making me laugh :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 04:05PM

My Dad posted a link to a blog with a video about how "awesome" the temple is, totally not weird or anything... I decided to not bother commenting.

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 04:55PM

There are two threads on there with clear opposition, surprised they didn't get taken down. The atheist one makes me laugh where the two guys are tag teaming the poor girl at the end. The other is funny to see the rationalization as to why it's okay and not spamming.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 05:05PM

Hmm, I can't view the link. Is it just me?

Posted by: Z ( )
Date: August 03, 2013 01:51AM

I cannot view it either. It just goes to my "calendar of events" page which has nothing on it.

Posted by: msp ( )
Date: August 03, 2013 01:15PM

Same here. Too bad, I wanted to see some of the "funny" comments mentioned by the OP

Date: August 03, 2013 01:55AM

hmmm...maybe you have to be invited to the event to see it??

well, I'll post the "Event Description" for you

I KNOW THIS IS LONG, BUT PLEASE READ IT! OR AT LEAST READ THE PARAGRAPHS WITH DOLLAR SYMBOLS AT THE BEGINNING!

"I am pleased to announce that effective immediately all worth and able young men will have the option of being recommended for missionary service beginning at the age of 18, instead of 19.
Today I am pleased to announce that able, worthy young women who have the desire to serve may be recommended for missionary service beginning at the age of 19, instead of 21."

For how many of you, or someone you know, this was a life-changing announcement? How many of you remember the excitement that spread through the members of the church that day, almost ten months ago? Think of how many fingers were spreading the news via text message and Facebook. How many more mothers were already crying. Think of the standing ovation that took place at the MTC, and of the many phone calls made around the world that night. That was an exciting day! It was a day that people started to recognize God's hastening of His work.

And God really is hastening His work. The age changes and the upcoming technology changes for missionaries are just the beginning. When called upon to act, the members of the Church need to be ready to respond like never before. This is not just "missionary work," this is the "work of salvation," and we're a part of it.

$$$$ What we'd like to do with this event is have every member who has an account with Facebook to post something about the Church on Friday August 2, 2013. It can be anything: your favorite Mormon Message, a link to a favorite General Conference talk, a picture of you at the temple, LDS paintings, an experience that strengthened your testimony, etc. Something that is personal to you, and would inspire thought in someone else. In your post, say why what you posted is meaningful to you. Let your testimony and the Spirit touch those around you. Let's literally flood the Earth (or at least the News Feed) with His gospel.

$$$$ In order to keep the News Feed flooded the whole day, post during the time that the first letter of your last name starts with (i.e. John Smith would post between 6 pm and 8 pm for "S"). If you want to post more than once, or at a different time, please do, but the goal is to keep the posts going all day.

10 AM - 12 PM: A-D
12 PM - 2 PM: E-H
2 PM - 4 PM: I-L
4 PM - 6 PM: M-P
6 PM - 8 PM: Q-T
8 PM - 10 PM: U-Z

$$$$ PLEASE INVITE ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS WHO ARE MEMBERS TO JOIN US IN THIS EVENT! We want this to be like a domino effect! The more people that get involved with this, the more of an effect we will have! Everyone has something to share. We have all had experiences that no one else has. Let's open our mouths/fingers and share what is most important to us; the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As we, the members of His Church, open our mouths and share the gospel with those around us, we will see the changes in our lives and in the lives of those we share with.

Disclaimer: I'm not the one that came up with this. That honor belongs to Isavelia Sanchez and Sister Cheyenne Montgomery.

Posted by: spicyspirit ( )
Date: August 03, 2013 02:20AM

None of my tbm FB friends posted anything mo.

Posted by: formermollymormon ( )
Date: August 03, 2013 02:36AM

I saw fewer than usual mo posts today. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside that they seem to have failed at their qeust.

Date: August 03, 2013 12:59PM

true! I only saw 2, i think.

its funny because someone on the group wall was shaming everyone that hadn't participated. They were like "There are 50,000 people in this group and only 1000 have responded saying that they will do it. That is a shame. We need to spread the truth and light."

bahahahah.. I wouldnt have shared anything either even back when I was a TBM.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: August 03, 2013 01:20PM

On the left, under invitees

Click on report and choose

"Spam or Scam"

FaceBook is. A money whore like Mormonism, so they will defer to Mormon will because they are the biggest account, but clicking on the "Sam or Scam" is a way of giving them information about you and how you view Mormon advertising. FB will never forget.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: August 03, 2013 01:33PM

I didn't see any more Mormon post than usual either on Irritate People with Your Mormon Crap FB Day. However I loved the comment:

"The more people that get involved with this, the more of an effect we will have!"

Isn't that the truth. NOBODY likes their news feed flooded with anything and the more people they can get to behave like insensitive, obnoxious religious fanatics, the bigger the effect will be. Except the effect will be to cause people to dislike Mormons even more than usual.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: August 03, 2013 02:09PM

Please, someone who can and is willing to participate.

Post this video of janitor work, do it sincerely though, so you get people bearing their testimony of cleaning toilets for a mormonism as a charitable thing to do.

https://www.lds.org/callings/meetinghouse-care/reverence?lang=eng

We need stronger testimonies of this program.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 03, 2013 06:07PM

Not one LDS person I know posted anything, but a buddy had a birthday and posted a pic' of him hoisting a Pabst Blue Ribbon, and another buddy works at a strip club and posted about their latest bulesque show--so not bad.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: August 03, 2013 07:53PM

"Stand Forth and Begin to Speak" Hahahah! Who talks like that, except mormons who want to sound like they're from another planet. They might as well add "Take Me To Your Leader, That I Might Teach!"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.