Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: September 16, 2014 02:23PM

.. that all of humanity suddenly realized that there was a transcendent plane of existence where we could all arrive at if we simply performed one simple act in unison as a species.

So basically, everyone all over the planet agreed that at 12:00am GMT on January 1st (who knows what year it was, it was a dream) that every single person over the age of 12 would extend their right arm, point with their pointing finger, and then sweep their arm from left to right.

So in my dream, everybody did this all at the same time, and there was this tremendous cracking sound, like ice breaking off a glacier x a trillion and suddenly I felt all this energy moving through my body and the planet started glowing from the inside.

Then I woke up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: September 16, 2014 02:31PM

It was a revelation. Let's try it out...Jan. 1, 2015. Start a chain letter to let everyone know. If it doesn't work, we'll know that someone didn't follow the rules. You'll still be a prophet.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: September 16, 2014 02:34PM

Never have that many slices of pineapple pizza with that much ice cream covered in hot fudge sauce and whipped cream. I get that dream every time too.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: September 16, 2014 05:06PM

I'm curious kolobian, do you think there is such a thing as a "transcendent plane of existence"? Do you believe such a thing exists?

Having felt the surprising power of a full yoga room saying AUM, I have wondered what would happen if everyone in the world said three AUMs at the same time. What sort of "Butterfly Effect" would that produce?

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: September 16, 2014 08:27PM

Not really sure, Human.

I think my dreams might betray my unconcious leanings, but when I'm awake I'm only concerned about what's here and now that I'm not really experiencing. That's what my moments of silence show me anyway, that there's a lot right here that I'm missing out on...

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 16, 2014 08:31PM

Are you sure it was a dream and not a memory of how Kolob became the center if creation?

Do we need to shout something too?

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: September 16, 2014 11:38PM

Well, if you can't dream, don't dream big.

Posted by: White Cliffs ( )
Date: September 17, 2014 12:02AM

I think the sudden, unanimous realization you mentioned was the most transcendent thing of all.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: September 17, 2014 12:08AM

It has happened before. Think of the collective gasp when the US dropped a bomb on Japan, the world has never been the same. One single act had the power to effect every person. Imagine if the act had been positive and not negative.

Posted by: TheOtherHeber ( )
Date: September 17, 2014 12:43AM

Perhaps if we all shout "Hosanah" three times with a white handkerchief...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.