Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Liz ( )
Date: September 20, 2014 12:13PM

Do they do the handkerchief wave (Hosannah Shout) for re-dedications?

I always thought it was a bizarre thing to do. Not sure of the origin, but I remember looking around at the members who were 'qualified' to attend these dedications when the shout was explained. When it came to the shout, they looked embarrassed, and half heartedly repeated the words 3 times while waving the white hankies they brought.

Needless to say, I won't be going. Just setting up chairs at the stake center is enough. It will be televised at stake centers and is in lieu of Sunday meetings.

The run on handkerchiefs has begun. I wonder if a white sock will do.

I always thought chanting something 3 times (Pay Lay Ale and 3 hits with the mallet, etc) was akin to magical chants. Three seems to be a magic number in all fairytales and spells.

I can't believe I participated for so long in these strange religious temple rites. It is as if I have awakened and my brain and common sense wonders where I've been all these years.

Anyone here, by chance, need a white hankerchief or maybe even a white sock?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 20, 2014 12:21PM

You're saying they don't provide the hankies? Attendees must bring their own?

This could have eternal ramifications if a lady brings the wrong hankie. Having one embroidered with pink roses or butterflies might mean breaking the spell and inviting Satan to the party.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2014 12:24PM by Cheryl.

Posted by: exdrymo ( )
Date: September 20, 2014 12:26PM

Try saying "Kebert Xela" instead.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: September 20, 2014 12:35PM

WIN!

Posted by: cynthia ( )
Date: September 20, 2014 06:44PM

Yes, white hankies are waved at all the dedication ceremonies. I wonder if a white Kleenex would suffice.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 20, 2014 07:38PM

Glad I'm 700 miles north where the traffic won't be an issue on my way to morning coffee...

Ron Burr

Posted by: XL ( )
Date: September 20, 2014 09:11PM

I likewise hope someone reports as well - I'll be seeing some family members on Monday and Tuesday and I'm sure they will want to talk about it. I can't let on that I wasn't there... so what do you say. Help a brother out?

Posted by: nicht logged in ( )
Date: September 20, 2014 09:15PM

I'm bringing cut-up garmmies to wave...oh yeah that's right no current temple rectum, so not going after all....

Posted by: ltlgenie ( )
Date: September 20, 2014 09:21PM

The Hosannah Shout is explained and demonstrated here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waRS5DXh3F0

Posted by: lily ( )
Date: September 21, 2014 12:58AM

That is so fricking creepy.

Posted by: MOI ( )
Date: September 21, 2014 10:25AM

Well, however odd that Hosannah Shout is, at least it wasn't follwed by a beheading, car bomb explosion, or planes flown into buildings. In all actuality, there's another 'religion' out there that actually wants us all converted or killed.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 21, 2014 11:18AM

The danites and MMM participants were as much violence as the saints could get away with before civilization curbed them.

Posted by: perky ( )
Date: September 21, 2014 12:50AM

These temple dedications include mobilizing the locals to "deep clean" all the local chapels and going over the grounds with scissors.

They want the locals who watch on TV to feel like the chapel is an extension of the temple.

They also want a lot of free deep cleaning.

It is so crazy, cult, ridiculous it is almost unimaginable. I'm surprized they don' require cleaning with only the right hand.

Posted by: cynthia ( )
Date: September 21, 2014 05:05PM

What a waste of time for the members who do this extra special cleaning detail. Only those with recommends or invitations are allowed into the dedication. The dedication will not be televised except for maybe a few news reports that will show the outside these "temple extensions." Those hard working members work will be in vain if they have been led to think the non members will be impressed.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.