Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: almostthere ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 12:21PM

I just sent a FB message to my TBM wife's apostate brother, telling him I no longer believe. I haven't even told my own mom yet. I don't talk to him much since he lives in another country, but he seems like a super nice guy to me. The reason I don't know if it was a good idea is that I am not "out" to much of anybody but my wife, and I didn't say anything to my her, and I wonder if she's gonna feel like I've gone behind her back... Dammit, why does this situation make me feel like this?!?!? Dammit!!!! Am I behaving badly?

Anyway, I THINK he is a non-believer, not a Jack-Mo, but I can't be certain. I asked him not to tell anyone about it. Hope it doesn't blow up. But, I can't just hide forever. I have to take some steps to create honesty in my life, dammit!

Other people can't read my FB messages, can they? I don't actually use FB much.

Oh, hell, I hope that wasn't too big of a mistake. Thanks for listening!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lush ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 12:25PM

did you post it on his "wall"? if so anybody he is friends with could see it.

Date: November 01, 2013 12:36PM

No, I sent a message.

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 12:26PM

If he's asleep in his timezone then delete it until you can think further on your decision.

Date: November 01, 2013 12:37PM

Thinking... OK, gonna let it stand. Yeah, I have to do something, or I'll go nuts.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 12:29PM

You did nothing wrong. You owe no one any of your personal information, including your wife, unless you choose to give it. Marriage does not cancel autonomy. A partner is not entitled to every thought in your head and you have a right to divulge information in your own time and in your own way.

If this relative gives out the information, then you will have a situation to deal with, a consequence. It doesn't mean you did anything wrong, it just means you have a result from your action.

Date: November 01, 2013 12:36PM

Haha, if that happens, then the suspense is over!

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 12:39PM

I have faith in our apostate brothers and sisters. Bet he doesn't say anything.

Date: November 01, 2013 12:41PM

Yeah, and I really just need an ally in real life, you know? Worth the risk. Even if it gets out, well, the hell I've got right now will all just go to hell. Won't be worse, just different! Right?

Posted by: lush ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 12:45PM

just the act of telling someone lifts a huge weight of the shoulders. back before I told anyone I would just write down my thoughts and it helped but finally getting the word out there is a liberating feeling

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.