Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 02:32PM

Latest blog.

Excerpt:

" Back in June, MormonThink and I posted that the LDS Church would publish a series of essays meant to inoculate members against a growing tide of information critical of their church. Insider information had indicated the essays would be delayed until 2014, but new rumors indicate the release of the church's troubling issues has hastened, perhaps in part due to pro-truth actions such as the MormonThink Bil-board, along I-15 in Utah.
" The most recent rumors indicate the LDS Church will move or at least enhance their Topics Section at a new website, yet to be named and released. According to an unnamed fulltime church employee, "The project is on a rush order from President Uchtdorf and Elder Holland personally, and should be launched sometime in the next few weeks-1 month."

" Another church employee who works with those handling the marketing and advertising of LDS initiatives like these, reports that the 12 apostles have been upset by much of the recent successes critics have displayed. The admission by Grant Palmer's mysterious general authority that the 12 receive gracious million-dollar "loans" or gifts has, reportedly, upset them.

" I can almost hear them saying: "If only critics and members knew how much money I gave up when I became a general authority then they wouldn't complain." You see, these men, these prior jet-setting executives and cutting-edge lawyers sacrificed tremendous potential wealth to be your leader. And what do they have to show for it? Only a small fortune from the church's accounts as the Lord's servants. They deserve the million dollar gift from the holy coffers. Yes, that's a way of looking at it.

" Another way of looking at it is these men feel much more special than the common member does to them. They are above their fellow members. You common members do not deserve million-dollar gifts. You should stop speaking evil of the Lord's anointed, obey, pray and pay your tithing! (Oh, and don't be gay!) They've been working the members for decades and decades, using every guilting, covenant-breaking penalty miming and soft-spoken threatening technique of manipulation they can to keep the tithes rolling in and the obedience and loyalty paying out.

" Recall, the church temple covenants ask all members to promise to give all their wealth, time, talents and everything which they are blessed with to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day SaintsĀ® for the building up of the corporation--I mean kingdom--of God. The 12 feel they have done just that--they gave up their pathways to ultra-wealthy living in order to live the impoverished apostle life of owning only a few houses, of open-ended book deals, of one-time million-dollar forgiven "loans" and of continual reimbursements for their houses, gardeners, maids, cooks, Christmas gifts and more.

" If that's the meek inheriting the earth after giving all their wealth, time and talents to the church, then sign me up for some of that meekness, because I have a million dollar loan I'd like canceled. Oh, and a french maid in a short skirt would be sweet too! "

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2013 11:38AM by Moderator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 05:04PM

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 05:30PM

This makes sense. They have to do something and I'm sure the consultants are market testing tools to combat the growing cognitive dissonance TBM are encountering.

The signage on Interstate 15 is the gateway to information that is TNT to a TBM and will blow their minds wide open.

I see the last 175 years as absolute proof Joseph Smith lied and found others who enjoyed the fruits of his initial and constant dishonesty.

The consistent lying, attacking those who reveal truth, then admitting "mistakes have been made" is a pattern that repeats over and over in TSCC.

As members social and cultural satisfaction falls, and their knowledge of history and doctrine increases... BAM. Welcome to cognitive dissonance and your very own "faith crisis."

You bet they are thinking of a website. Something interactive to explain away the true origin of the Book of Mormon,polygamy, polyandry, blood atonement, GA remuneration etc.

Would all this be necessary if this were "Heavenly Father's one and only true church?"

Think about it. In fact www.mormonthink.com about it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2013 06:37PM by Doubting Thomas.

Posted by: JKJKJKJK ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 05:42PM

The end of LDS as we know it is now on the horizon.

Behind door one is a weird cult less bizarre than FDLS but much more like Scientology, behind door two the RDLS Church of Christ route.

I don't see a door three and my guess is they don't either.

Posted by: Lasvegasrichard ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 05:58PM

If there is a forum or comments section to their new found information site , what do they think will happen when we all love bomb the hell out that pack of lies that they most assuredly will be selling ?

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 06:13PM

I've wondered the same thing. They're going to want to keep in on the DL, but the word is going to get out in a flash. Even if all they put out is watered down apologetic garbage, it's going to be enough to get some TBM's to dig deeper.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.