Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: allegro ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 01:32PM

I just received an email to remind who is on duty Saturday--I will not be there.
But the person that sent the reminder stated that cleaning the chapel was akin to washing the feet of the Lord. I just about fell over laughing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 01:35PM

Seems to be yet something else new since escape.
When did Saturday-is-Field-Day-you-bettah-be-there start up?

So - I would be offended about comparing the Lord's feet to a certain porcelain....

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 01:37PM

If you scrub his toilets enough maybe you'll get your Second Anointing and then Jesus will show up and wash your feet!

Or maybe your efforts in helping out in a homeless shelter would be more appreciated that cleaning Jesus' feet symbolically while cleaning up after his sheep.

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 01:40PM

It seems that Mormons have NO free time left at all.

Imgagine commuting to a job every day and on Saturdays being expected to clean - not your own house but the frikking chapel.

SMH

How long do members put up with such crap ???

Date: November 15, 2013 01:42PM

That's why ask - how long this has been going on.

Don't remember doing this before. Ever.

Posted by: jujubee ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 01:41PM

A couple of years ago, my singles ward did this thing where they would announce who was assigned to clean the church and print it the sacrament meeting program. The person in charge said that it was our responsibility to get a replacement if we couldn't make it our assigned time. So, you assign me, not asking me if I was available or willing to go and clean, then say I have to get a replacement? No. I never went, and I am pretty sure I was punished by always being but on the schedule. It didn't make sense because we weren't a family ward where you could assign a family and if half of them show up you still would get plenty of people. Not so in assigning 6 YSAs a week.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 01:46PM

I don't understand all of you. Cleaning makes us Mormons so happy, so happy, so happy, so happy, so haaaaa, so hhhha, so, so, so.....

(Gone to Stepford for a tune-up)

Date: November 15, 2013 01:57PM

Seems to work for those so inclined though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1E_gjewSTo

actually in retrospect clip probably fits better on http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1083017

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2013 02:02PM by zenjamin.

Posted by: allegro ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 02:59PM

We also have names printed in the bulletin of assigned people. One, I rarely go to church and two, I don't pay attention anyway.

I had a run in with this guy last year--I am working 2 jobs right now and said I do not have time to clean my own house. He stated his schedule and HE had a family at home which he never saw. I stated that is so sad, that he choose toilets instead of his kids. He really thinks this is God's work. I just told him that people like him are the reason others leave the church.
But that washing feet comment was crazy.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 04:51PM

Thanks for sharing. They are pulling out the guns to figure enticements to get people to show up with mops in hand.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.