Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 10:25AM

Scroll down to see the review here:

https://plus.google.com/107675059769901280579/about?hl=en&gl=us

enjoy,

ziller

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 10:29AM

That was killer Ziller. You defintely scored some points there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2014 10:29AM by blueorchid.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 10:54AM

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 10:59AM

Instead I was the designated babysitter for my daughter's wedding -- about 12 or 13 kids to be exact. Fortunately for me the Manti Temple has a big backyard where kids can do just about anything they want to do.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 11:07AM

Great review....love the fact you were rockin' the Mojitos outside a cult edifice! I recon they'd call the cops on ya if ya tried it outside the Cardston (Alberta) temple.

Ron Burr

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 11:28AM

Great review. And I certainly wish I'd thought of that before. Have the street party for the unworthies.

It blows people away when I tell them that many many mormon parents can't attend their children's wedding. Even active ones like I was, who just couldn't afford the entrance fee. Well, ok, I'll admit it... that and the fact that I didn't want to confess to having once been intimate with the groom's father (before I knew what an a-hole he was). Course, the groom's father could have gone, he could afford the pass and had one. But he didn't have the balls to even attend, knowing I would be on the outside, his ex-wife would be on the outside and his mistress, the wife of the best man, would be on the inside with him and her husband.

It is all such a huge fuckking joke. Families... isn't it about appearances???

Posted by: Facsimile 3 ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 12:10PM

+1

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 12:16PM

Huh. All the other reviews are 5 star. I wonder if they get a discount on tithing for that.

Posted by: Meri ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 02:57PM

I love your reviews, they're so insightful.

Now did you actually do this with the mojitos and your trophy wife wearing a string bikini? And is this the nephew that was setting things on fire not too long ago? I need to know!

Posted by: whattookmesolong ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 03:05PM

Love it!

Posted by: greylady ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 03:30PM

I get so mad whenever I drive past that place! I heard they ripped out all the carpeting after the open house, because all of us heathens had walked on it and replaced it with top grade carpeting. It wasn't even that pretty on the inside.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 10:37PM

It is my understanding this is regular procedure. I guess the gentiles coming through must leave behind corruption that can only be removed by ripping it out and replacing with all new to be ready for the dedication.

Posted by: kak57 ( )
Date: September 28, 2014 12:05AM

The carpet being ripped out after the Open House and replaced with new carpeting--that's news to me.

When I toured the Denver Temple in 1986, they had us wear booties over our shoes before walking into the Temple for the tour. Maybe doing that made it possible to have clean carpets without having to rip anything out.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 28, 2014 12:17AM

good one. *LOL*

Posted by: sandie ( )
Date: September 28, 2014 06:13AM

There are restrooms that you can access through the distribution center located on the left of the Houston Temple.

I have been inside the temple. Someone create some rather poor wood marquetry (in an orchid pattern) used in the celestial room. The furniture looked like it was from the 30's era and had been reused after being hosed off from it's warehouse storage.

I found it an edifice to the ungodly: The sound of the cash register when you rent clothing reminded me of the money changers mentioned in the Bible.

Just the 20-acres of land cost the corporation $200,000 per acre. Only a select few were allowed to attend the dedication of the land prior to construction because of a request to limit the traffic in the area. I recall the temple itself costing $20 million to build.

I can't imagine being within the walls of the temple again. After you pass the sentinel whom checks your recommend, you enter an area void of the spirit. In fact, the area is sparsely lit and has a ghost-town appearance and feeling. Actually, it was that creepy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.