Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 08:48PM

"Be Forewarned. This book is full of sex. Naughty sex too. If you liked Fifty Shades of Grey - check this book out. The author can't go more than two pages without mentioning sex - even when the chapter is about LYING. He's obsessed.

The whole premise of the book is that you are a terrible person. And I don't care who YOU are - it covers that. You, no matter who - are such a Colossal screwup - that it would be a literal MIRACLE if anyone ever forgave you.

Especially god.

You see. God. Hates. Sin. And YOU are a sinner. And while the book doesn't come right out and say that GOD HATES YOU. Well, he hates pretty much everything you've done and think about. So....

It might seem confusing, but I will walk you through it. God made you, in his image - but that image contains a disgusting, lazy, lying, gossiping, whore-mongering, faithless, useless sack of crap who loves Satan and "logic" more than you love Jesus Christ.

And your goal is to take out all that yucky that god created you with so that you can be exactly like god. Yes, the book talks extensively about attaining godhood. That's the ultimate goal for human beings - is to become like god.

"The natural man is an enemy of god," is a Mormon scripture that is quoted occasionally in the book. It is your job overcome that "naturalness" in order to become Super-Natural as god is. And unfortunately for us mortals, sex is the most natural thing we can do. Unless, of course, it's homosexual sex which is a "sin against nature." God, hates the natural man and the homosexual even though you'd think he'd appreciate the "unnaturalness" of it. But that would be you using your "crafty logic" you sinner. Trust me. Sex is exactly like Karate. We learn it so that we never use it except for when appropriate. In the bedroom with our lawful spouses.

Just like Karate.

In case you are a complete dullard, the book goes into graphic detail about sexual sins so that you have NO excuse before god that what you did felt good, brought you no shame or guilt, but will condemn you for eternity. The book is also VERY clear about the natural consequences of breaking god's moral code:

"Among the most common sexual sins our young people commit are those of necking and petting. Not only do these improper relations often lead to fornication and abortions - both ugly sins - but in and of themselves the are pernicious evils, and it is often difficult for youth to distinguish where one ends and another begins."

If only I had heeded this counsel when I was a young youth. I can't recount how many times I was in the back seat of a car making out with some girl with "loose morals" when BAM!

ABORTION!

Like a thief in the night, abortion is skulking around every corner. Just waiting for you to let your guard down. And as youth - how can you tell? Did you simply make out with that lusty girl, or did you have an abortion?

Same thing with the swirling vortex of evil that the author brings up that homosexuality will eventually lead to bestiality. The conviction of the author that once someone chooses to act on the temptation for same-sex sex that they can't help but seduce the family goat is so strong that I will defer to author's expertise.

He is an expert as well. As I have previously stated, the book goes into graphic detail about sex almost every page. The author has thought about this subject and been involved with it a lot. However, not once does the author mention how amazing it is to have sweet, sweet, non-condemned marital relations with his wife. I guess it is implied at how often he talks about adultery, homosexuality, fornication, petting, that he loves the intimacy of HIS own wife MORE than he loves thinking about what everyone else is doing in the privacy of their own homes.

Something else not mentioned very often or not at all in the book. Rape and pedophilia.

Rape is discussed from the victim's point of view. Which, ACCORDING TO THE BOOK, you can only claim victimhood if you fought your hardest against the rapist - preferable to the point of death. Rapers are vaguely put in the same category as adulterers and given one sentence. Whereas pages and pages are devoted to people who think sexy thoughts, lie, murder, and don't treat their employees very well.

And pedophiles aren't mentioned whatsoever.

That MUST have been an editorial oversight. I mean, I can't really think of many things worse than rape and pedophilia. But to be fair, the book doesn't go into much detail about war crimes. However, I don't want to presume too much.

Anyway, if you enjoy reading about sex and you're into humiliation - this book is FABULOUS.

But don't let your children read it. It is not appropriate at all for children and would leave them emotionally scarred because they can't distinguish reality from fantasy.

Which is what this book is all about. Fantasy."

Two awesome reviews of the book!

"A fantastic review!!! 'The Miracle of Forgiveness" was written by Spencer Kimball, a man whom I am certain was a closet self-loathing homosexual and here's why: in the book he claims that masturbation leads to homosexuality and homosexuality leads to bestiality. That's correct -you can read that exact flow chart of events in this nasty book. Well, I think there are many people out there who know that their own practice of masturbation did not lead to homosexuality nor bestiality. If Spencer thought this - then it could only be one thing -the result of his own trying to understand how he became a homosexual -something he blamed on his practice of masturbation. Since he links it to bestiality I can only imagine the events that led to his thinking that. Spencer was gay and he hated himself for that. It is unfortunate that his own self-hatred has led to such emotional destruction for so many innocent victims of his evil book."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GadiantonRobber ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 09:01PM

I loved this!!! Hilarious.. Wasn't this Raptor Jesus review?

Posted by: WillieBoy ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 09:02PM

Spence lived in Arizona where there are many Indians(his pet project people) and they raise - Guess What - SHEEP!

Homosexual to Sheep... see, it all fits.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2014 09:24PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: My Take ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 09:06PM

Boiler Plate:

"The Mormon Church reserves the right to disavow any statement made by God to His Prophets Seers and Revelators through Modern, Continuous Revelation. Such statements are God's opinions only and should not be regarded as real and current Mormon doctrine."

Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 11:46PM

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 10:43PM

One of the best posts I've read in a long time !!!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 10:48PM

God cannot be changed but Mormonism will try to change, or run over, everything in it's path. Eventually, God will run over them... and, as we all know, his truch is much bigger and truer.

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: September 24, 2014 01:54AM

I thought this excerpt might be appropriate here...

From the Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám
(c. 1120)

LXXVIII
What! out of senseless Nothing to provoke
A conscious Something to resent the yoke
Of unpermitted Pleasure, under pain
Of Everlasting Penalties, if broke!

LXXIX
What! from his helpless Creature be repaid
Pure Gold for what he lent him dross-allay'd –
Sue for a Debt he never did contract,
And cannot answer – Oh, the sorry trade!

LXXX
Oh, Thou, who didst with pitfall and with gin
Beset the Road I was to wander in,
Thou wilt not with Predestined Evil round
Enmesh, and then impute my Fall to Sin!

LXXXI
Oh, Thou who Man of baser Earth didst make,
And ev'n with Paradise devise the Snake:
For all the Sin wherewith the Face of Man
Is blacken'd – Man's forgiveness give – and take!

Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 05:57PM

I have not let my kids anywhere near this sick tome. I am so grateful it had not poisoned their lives like it did my brothers and sisters.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 08:46PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.