Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tig ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 07:50AM

The more I read on DeseretNews, the more I understand just how delusional mormons appear to the rest of the world.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 08:04AM

When one compares what Brigham Young said about god and jesus, this definition isn't any less honest. Brigham Young said that Adam was god the father and the only god with whom we have to do. Then he promoted blood atonement for some sins because the atonement from jesus wasn't good enough. Google's definition is accurate according to the beliefs of some church members. If a prophet like Brigham Young can make crazy claims about what the church believes, why can't the person who wrote google's definition do the same? If the church were honest about its beliefs, the public wouldn't tolerate this. As things stand though, most people don't care what the definition says. They know that either way, it's a cult.

Posted by: Meri ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 02:47PM

But it's not inaccurate, is it? Why so upset?

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 03:30PM

Good to see DesNews is printing something true.

Posted by: foggy ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 03:57PM

Hahahahaaha

@Kolob1 - What about Doctrine and Covenants 124:125. That's just one example of God declaring Joseph Smith as His prophet in one of the 'books of Mormonism. There are plenty of others. Can't believe someone can sound so sure of themselves and be so wrong. That should be embarrassing for you.

Posted by: Kismet ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 05:39PM

I don't know why it matters. Even if everything anyone ever says about them is 100% accurate, they're still going to look like a goofy cult.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 06:29PM

It looks like something written by a fundie Christian. I'm sure the Mo's think it's unfair now that we are in the era of "mainstreaming." TBM's seldom realize how far they have diverged from regular Christian dogma. It's a case of "Your stuff is crazy, mine's not!"

Actually all religions expect you to believe crazy stuff. They're just used to their own stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2014 06:29PM by rationalist01.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.