Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Greg ( )
Date: March 16, 2011 11:14PM

Just got my exit letter in the mail! Yahoo! I sent it in via email in January. They sent me a form letter telling me that because this was an ecclesiastical matter, it would be referred to my bishop, then sent it on to a former bishop in Utah (I have been in Reno since 2004, and I gave them my current address and the name of the ward I live in now). So I waited, and waited, and figured that one day I would get a call or letter from a local bishop. Didn't happen. Then today, there it was in the mail! I asked my wife to frame it which she immediately did, in the frame in which used to hang my diploma from BYU.

It's nice to have some closure. And it lays to rest the question as to whether it is possible to resign via email. (I followed the instructions on Richard Packham's site).

Peace, Greg

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: March 16, 2011 11:17PM

Congratulations

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 01:17AM

And now, beatnik, you continue your journey to the light. Mormonism is a remnant of the dark ages of humanity. It is riddled with curses, blessings and rituals. It cannot stand up to disinterested peer review. Really, there is none.

Why beat a dead horse when you can walk in sunshine? When you look back, it will be with a blend of anger and laughter. It's a heady mix, drink deeply.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 02:22AM

Congrats and enjoy your new life. Make the most of it every day. You have lots of catching up to do.

Posted by: silhouette ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 02:27AM

Congrats!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.