Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lurking Louie ( )
Date: September 27, 2014 05:14PM

Anyone else watching as the NOMs are imploding and people are leaving?

Zadok has left the building.
Red Ryder wrote a quick summary in case you want to follow.

Has that ever happened here at RFM?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 27, 2014 05:16PM

who is leaving ?

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: September 27, 2014 05:34PM

leaving the church.... or the site?

Posted by: anontoday ( )
Date: September 27, 2014 05:36PM

People get the various mormon forums confused. Active LDS post here occasionally, trying to use exmormon as a kind of LDS complaint desk.

Atheists post on newordermormon ridiculing members who are struggling to try and maintain some sort of faith to keep their families intact.

This forum is supposed to be for people who have left the church. That forum is supposed to be fore people who want to stay in the church.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: September 27, 2014 11:49PM

NOM isn't imploding. Just a few narcissists making dramatic exits. I personally get annoyed when people do that. I left NOM a few years ago because it no longer was a good fit or served my needs anymore. No dramatic announcement needed.

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: September 28, 2014 12:22AM

Move forward folks..NOMs I have very little empathy for mo-mos..mostly for those that want change, but still luv horney Joe Smith..

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: September 28, 2014 12:38AM

People leave here too-sometimes very dramatically. Same with all the forums. That includes a lot of dramatic exits from FB groups.People move on or get upset with something or someone and leave. I will say though that a couple of ex Mo groups are pretty dead right now.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 28, 2014 01:45AM

My sense is that most people who leave this forum (after having posted here a while,) are ready to move on with their lives after Mormonism. For some, it happens rather quickly (maybe six months or so,) and for others it can take years. Many other board members will stick around because they like the camaraderie here, they find the forum interesting, or they want to help the newbies.

I always like it when people who have moved on return every now and then to check in.

Posted by: NOM ( )
Date: September 28, 2014 02:34AM

The NOM board is NOT imploding. There was a reprimand by a sometime poster for allowing the board to get too negative. Some other touchy member complained about it. And some members left because of the uproar.

FYI, most NOMers WANT to leave the Church. But they have spouses, children and extended family that keep them bound. They are NOT TBMs, nor are they believers in Mormonism. The purpose of NOM, whether it works or not, is to support the members who HAVE TO keep attending to keep their families together. There's not even a handful of believers who post on NOM.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.