Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonagain ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 07:08AM

**MUST SEE**

Last nights 8/23/2011 live "Heart of the Matter" show featured former Bishop Earl Erskine tell why he is in the process of leaving the TSCC. Mr. Erskine noted that he is a "current temple recommend holder but that it may change after tonight"

Former Bishop
Temple Married
Current recommend holder
High Council,am
Stake Missionary
Gospel Doctrine teacher
faithful for over 60 years

This is a must see segment for the sincere and concise explanation of whats wrong with the LDS church by a current faithful member.

The episode is not yet posted on hotm.org for viewing but I was wondering if anyone else saw it.
The last half hour of the show had some LDS & former LDS call in and Shawn and Erskine answered questions.

no affiliation with Hotm btw.. but I was really moved by what was said and how sincere he said it.
It is a must see.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 08:07AM

Thanks, I always anticipate these shows but can only watch them when they are posted to his website.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 03:04PM

I watched some of Shawn McCraney’s episodes in the past, and admire McCraney for coming forth publicly with the truth about the church. I don’t watch his show now, but I have always hoped that eventually, some long-time church member and former bishop would appear on the show and discuss his experience and exit journey.

Thank you for alerting us to this episode. Once it is posted to the TV website, I’ll watch it for sure!

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 06:04PM

I just checked his website and it hasn't been posted yet.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 12:35AM

http://www.hotm.tv/shows/20110823.htm

To go straight to the part with (former) Bishop Erskine, start at about 10 ½ minutes in.

Be aware that Shawn McCraney’s show is about Christ and Christianity. If this will prevent you from appreciating “the sincere and concise explanation of whats wrong with the LDS church by a current faithful member” (as 'anonagain' accurately describes it,) then don’t watch it.

OTOH, if this is not a problem for you, this is a milestone episode. Erskine has “come out” with his new non-Mormon beliefs BEFORE even resigning! He has some family members who think Satan has misled him; and in this and other ways, has begun to experience the difficult transition to a cult-free life. To face the TV camera at such a vulnerable stage after so many years of being a respected TBM in leadership callings takes tremendous courage!

Posted by: anonagain ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 12:38AM

Ok its up and running... the best 17 minutes I listened to in a long time.

http://www.hotm.tv/

for those that find Shawn annoying ( he gets a little evangelical as usual) skip to 10:39 in the video and watch until 27:40 for former Bishop Earl Erskine a current LDS Temple recommend carrying member or at least until the tscc watches this.
Mr. Erskine tells it well.
The rest of the video with Shawn and Earl is pretty good too as tbms and former tbms call in.

Your mileage may vary- I loved it!

I'm not affiliated with hotm but this guys words hit a home run for me and thought you would find it valuable too.

Posted by: tristin ( )
Date: January 18, 2014 12:52AM

Just want to thank Shawn and Earl for setting me free after 71 years. I sent Sandra's letter to SLC after hearing Earl on Shawn's show. Married in the temple and very active. No regrets.

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: January 18, 2014 07:22AM

The more I see things like this and just recently The Swedish Rescue where Marlin Jensen tries to reassure those members all is not lost etc, I'm getting convinced that the LDS church is losing members and/or gaining closet disbelievers at an accelerating rate.

At the end of the day I'm no Born Again believer but I can accept how Shawn's Born Again Theology and scriptural arguments do trump Mormonism's full of holes restoration theology and exposes the history and deceit.

BY the way I love how the Swedish members who attended Marlin Jensens rescue talk sounded like what TBM's would call antimormons!

One member said before a response to one question paraphrasing as I can't remember exactly;
'It's not going to be FAIR answers is it'

lol

Posted by: Stormin ( )
Date: January 18, 2014 02:18PM

I found Shawn after learning the truth about Mormonism. He has been a great help and I try to support his ministry as they try to rescue and help anchor previously brainwashed and lied to Mormons. John Delhin's Mormon Stories was also a great help in my rescue from Mormonism. Praise God there are people so diverse (Shawn's persona versus Earl's) that can come together in Truth about Mormonism.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.