Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thederz ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 12:08AM

I shared an article about monsons charge of fraud on facebook. No one liked it, but one person didt IM later on during the day to express her doubts.

We should start a pole oh how much longer they can keep up the facade. my guess is september 17 2018. By then it will with out a doubt be unable to entangle the minds of the innocent disguised as a religion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: funeraltaters ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 12:39AM

I think most people on this board would say you are being way too optimistic. That would sure be nice, though. I think the TBMers will keep clinging on but it will be harder and harder to reconcile what the church teaches with reality. It will be a tortured existence for sure.

Posted by: msp ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 12:54AM

Any reason why specifically September 17, 2018?
I unfortunately agree with funeraltaters here. TBMs are very flexible and can do some crazy mental gymnastics. As long as they're dead-set on believing, they'll keep hastening the work even when JS gets thrown under the bus and the big 15 are in prison. But to be fair to your point, many people have a breaking point where they won't be able to ignore the information they learn. I think a lot of us here on the board are proof of that, myself included.

Posted by: corwin ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 05:07PM

Agreed. A quick end to TSCC seems reasonable to us, but the victims still in it are not reasonable. Yet. We'll keep chipping away at it with the axe of truth. :)

I think the truth has already put a damper on converts though. Now that everyone has a smartphone or tablet within arms reach, it's inconceivable to me that investigators don't Google TSCC before or immediately after meeting with the mishies... and Google is probably TSCC's Achilles heel.

Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 05:10PM

Trying to be reasonable with a TBM is like trying to nail Jell-O to a tree.

(with regards to Dr. Phil)

Posted by: snuckafoodberry ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 09:46PM

If one of the leaders could be taken away in handcuffs and put behind bars, it could be kind of fun to compare him to Warren Jeff's.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.