Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 11:19AM

The city where I live is on a big campaign to save water, for a lot of good reasons (drought, growth outstripping capacity, etc), so they have instituted a permanent odd-even watering restriction and in the last month made a big effort to publicize it including hiring some people to put door hangers on every building in the city. So this morning on my commute who do I see violating the ordinance, yeah, the local LDS ward meetinghouse with all their sprinklers on full tilt. This is also odd because their lawn doesn't look to be well maintained otherwise.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 12:39PM

Like to the Water Police or whomever?
If all else fails a nice Letter to the Editor in the local paper?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 12:49PM

efficient water usage is nothing to trivialize!

many places with 'automatic' sprinklers should upgrade them to be in conformance with that reality; "Of Course" ChurchCo will claim 'Special Privilege' in this matter!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 01:18PM

restrictions, it was the city who watered lawns when they weren't supposed to.

The city ALWAYS waters during the heat of the day even without restrictions.

Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 01:25PM

As a Texan where drought is pretty much a regular thing and water conservation taken seriously, I encourage you to REPORT THIS. Even better, get a photo or video with a timestamp and submit it as evidence, and also to various local media. At the very least, they could be slapped with a fine. With a little luck, their reputation could take a big hit as well. Our paper sometimes prints the names of such offenders... it's amazing what a bit of public shaming can do.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 01:39PM

I conserve water. I have some tomato plants. they require 1gal of water daily. I carefully measure it out and use only that which I need. Arizona desert. Not by law but by good judgement.

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 04:15PM

Wish I had taken a pic but was more interested in getting to work while driving by at 45 mph. With all the emphasis recently on this issue in town, I'm thinking someone else called it in, especially since the sprinklers were quite visible (the kind that shoot out 30-40 feet from a center point).

LOL about the town violating its own rules. Yeah, I've seen some of that during previous water restriction periods.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 04:22PM

Report it. IDK where you are, but people who violate water restrictions can cause all sorts of issues.

Look at what happened to Lehi last year because people were acting like morons:
http://www.heraldextra.com/lehi-low-on-drinking-water-from-illegal-outdoor-use/article_bda7a166-d920-11e2-ad46-0019bb2963f4.html

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.