Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NoMoNoHow ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 11:08AM

Really, what more could you WANT in an invisible, bi-polar, all-powerful dictator?

Pray to God and he will:

1. find you a great parking spot! All you have to do is drive around a parking lot until his favour falls upon you! And it will, eventually!

2. cure your case of the sniffles! God only asks that you take it easy for a few days and don't forget your medicine!

Is there anything God CAN'T do?!? Well,yes.... but just try never to have any serious problems and you won't find out!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: apawst8 ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 11:45AM

So God is like some teenager then? He'll do the simple chores first, but puts off the 20 page paper as long as possible. Same with God. "Let's see cure this child of cancer or find that lady's car keys. Hmmmmmm. I'll just find the car keys and go back to my XBox."

Posted by: jesuswantsme4asucker ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 02:08PM

a friend of my wife posted this (paraphrasing) to Facebook the other day:

"So thankful for the power of prayer. I had a minor issue with my taxes that I couldnt figure out, so I said a prayer and presto it was all taken care of. I am so thankful for a loving heavenly father"

Ugh. I wanted to vomit. That is both unbelievably delusional and dangerously arrogant. Talk about making yourself the center of the universe.

Posted by: Blacksheepofthefamily ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 06:02PM

I want to vomit that sounds like my billion mo Facebook "friends"

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 05:34PM

How the hell can anyone begin to believe that they have a 1-1 connection to the Big Guy? Someone, somewhere is praying for something 24 hours a day, seven days a week on this planet. Hell it doesn't take much traffic to take down a website. How does one ditz get exclusive time for a tax consult? I wouldn't trust anything he says, since clearly He don't sleep, what with all the incoming calls...

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 05:41PM

This post makes me sad that people who have left a religion have also thrown away their own intuition. It was never "God" that helped, it was you. But now those acts are thrown out like a baby with the bathwater for fear that it will cause Mormon cooties. In my own opinion, it's very sad that the mind/body/soul connection is completely dismissed after you resign or don't believe in a church anymore. But go ahead and ignore it. Doesn't hurt me. I just think it's sad. In other news, locksmiths are ecstatic!

Date: April 17, 2014 05:52PM

Wow.

That kind of comment reminds me of how a bishop/counselor would dish out back-handed insults with a smile on their face.

In this case, I feel like I've been told that I have no intuition, am discarding valuable insight and people feel sorry for me.

I quit TSCC, partly because of sugar coated body slams by the uber Mormons...

Date: April 17, 2014 05:55PM

I assure you, I'm not smiling. And it's just my opinion. Keep yourself grounded already.

Date: April 17, 2014 06:09PM

Not sure I agree with your opinion that people discard the mind/body/soul connection when they leave religion. Of course I base that on my own observations which form my opinion, which by the way, does not make me sad for me or others.

Date: April 17, 2014 06:14PM

well, in my experience they often do. But again, that is MY opinion. You are entitled to yours as well, I was just making a comment on the OP because it does make me sad. I never thought for 2 secs that you felt sad. But thanks for clarifying for me.

Posted by: NoMoNoHow ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 08:35PM

Tupperwhere, can I ask what in Christ's name you're talking about?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 10:43PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.