Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: flyingsquirrells/CurrentMormon ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 11:57AM

I am just trying to figure out...why do people on here hate mormons so much? I may not be Mormon but I have some Mormon friends and they are pretty cool...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2014 05:27PM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 11:59AM

Keep reading.

Posted by: wanderinggeek ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 11:59AM

I don't hate the people, its the church that I have an issue with.

well...I do have issue with the people to think they are above everyone else cause they are a bishop or stake pres. Who act like they can do no wrong, and feel like they are able to judge others. And treat us who are apostate from the church as lesser because of our now unbelief.

Posted by: flyingsquirrels ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 12:08PM

I have had experience with Mormons and seen nothing of that sort

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 12:11PM

Then why are you here?

Posted by: eternal1 ( )

Your experience is extremely limited.

The majority of my family is still mormon, I certainly do not hate them.

There is a difference between the religion and the people. The people (for the most part) are the victims. It's the religion we have issues with.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 12:24PM

Same here. ALL of my family, and most of my friends, are active members. They're sincere in their beliefs and I love them. I hate liars though. I'd like my family to recognize that the church was founded on lies, and that current leaders don't have their best interest in mind, but I don't hate them for being deceived. They're still good, honest people. I do have an issue if they try to shove their false doctrine and false prophets down my, or anyone's, throat. Luckily, most mormons realize that the doctrine is a bit goofy, so they don't go about trying to convert the world...they separate their church lives and their work/school lives.

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )

Do your experiences invalidate our own?

They do not.

Posted by: wanderinggeek ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 12:13PM

so what if you haven't? If you aren't a mormon then you haven't been in a position to be under their authority. Just because you haven't had to deal with that, don't come on here and tell me I haven't either, or act like I am lying.

I have many friends who are mormons, I have family who are mormons. And I am just fine with them, but some get too power crazy. And this happens to non-mormons too. Just how people are.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 12:15PM

I don't like religion overall. I don't think it brings out the best in people. However, some of my closest friends are Mormon.

I did have people who I thought were my best friends dump me for the only reason that I'd left the Church. That's one of those cases where their religion didn't exactly bring out the best in them.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 12:16PM

I do not hate my Mormon family and friends. I love them. And because I love them, I fight the Mormon church and it's leaders at every opportunity.

I want the people I love to be free of the fear instilled by Mormon leaders, to be free to make life choices based on their own circumstances and not to simply follow the commands of a bunch of old white guys who don't know them, to be free to love me and our other family regardless of our differing religious beliefs, to be free to have relationships with us without the burden of responsibility for converting us to the "truth".

Posted by: exodus ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 12:24PM

This describes it for me too.

I don't "hate" Mormons or anyone else with or without a religious belief. I feel sorry for Mormons that are still in TSCC because they are being fed a false narrative (being lied to). I *do* have a problem with leaders who know this false narrative and continue to spew out falsehoods. But my experience is that 80-90% of the members have no idea... and because of that, I feel sorry for them.

Each person's experience on here is different and some folks have had their families and friends shun or even abandon them because of their decision to leave TSCC. I am fortunate to not have this happen to me very much (at least not yet). Maybe this is why some folks are more frustrated and disappointed than others... and perhaps this can be interpreted as "hate"?

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 12:17PM

I do not see widespread hate for individual Mormons on this forum. I rarely if ever see true hate. Take a look. You will see displeasure with some Mormon actions that is explained, referenced and spelled out in specific examples.

There is a lot of disdain and disgust for the Mormon church itself, and it is considered by many to be a cult. Some hate the church itself but evaluate their opinions of the individual members on a case by case.

Please remember that what we have seen in our lives is significantly more than what you have witnessed in regard to being part of the Mormon church. People have lost family, jobs, and friends and sometimes much of their lives to the church.

You have mentioned a small random sampling of knowing a few friends. If you follow this forum you will find most here would never draw a conclusion from only looking at part of the story.

And don't forget the name of this forum is Recover from Mormonism--not In Praise of Mormons.

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 12:21PM

We don't hate Mormons at all, we hate what the Mormon church does to Mormons.

We hate that it lies to them.
We hate that it takes away their time.
We hate that it takes away their money.
We hate that it takes away their freedom.

Posted by: whatiswanted ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 12:21PM

Hate Mormons?...

Mormons are people too, are you implying them being Mormon gives them a pass on bad behavior and the right for people to dislike it?

The religion of Mormonism is full of problems that cause harm to many. For this reason many do not like "Mormonism"

Love the Mormon....hate the Mormonism

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 12:27PM

This is a troll. It is the same person who posted Mormon.org as the truth - Current Mormon. Typical Mormon tactic to lie and deceive. Since I am an admin and founder of this site I noticed the same IP address.

Perhaps you can tell us why lying is good and a excellent way to promote Mormonism? We are tired of people like you. Not all Mormons lie like you. Some are decent people deceived by the organization. You are not one of those.

Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 12:30PM

Now he will run and hide.

You scared off the troll. I guess that is what you get paid the big bucks for :)

Posted by: Cinnamint ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 12:34PM

We don't hate them. We're fighting against the dogma, brainwashing, and outright abuse of the teachings.

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 12:47PM

Guess what? I too have mormons friends that are cool. In fact my guess is that my relationship with mormons is several orders of magnitude closer than yours are. Being authentic has it's benefits you know, you should try it out some time...

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 12:51PM

Posted by: sisterhood ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 12:54PM

Wow, flyingsquirrells. Way to negate the experience of those harmed by a religious cult. Of course they are nice people!

Posted by: Hugh ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 12:57PM

I would guess that 99% of the folks on this forum will tell you that they do NOT hate mormons, but rather it is the "so called" corporation masquerading as a church that the hate. I will tell you that I spent 4 decades in that god forsaken cult, BIC, etc, and I truly hate mormons - the people. They're arrogant manipulating liars. Many are really not nice people through and through. They're fake. Sort of like you are a liar. I bet you are a mormon...feeling a little Captain Moronish after conference are we? Raise that banner squirrely...

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 01:01PM

... just not overly fond of 'em is all.

Timothy

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 01:03PM

flyingsquirrells Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I may not be Mormon...

That's why you don't understand. You aren't in the cult. You don't have to live it.

Posted by: heynonny ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 01:10PM

I have no respect for people who label themselves as apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ. I HATE people who expect you to stand up when they walk into a room.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 01:38PM

Respect is earned...no conferred.

Ron Burr

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 01:49PM

Just leaving this here.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/your-online-secrets/201409/internet-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2014 01:52PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 02:08PM

say whaaa???

no one here hates mormons

because i'm as mormon as it gets

& no one here has ever hated me

& if you only knew

what joy that that sweet sentence brings

Posted by: Johnny Bugeyes ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 03:54PM

I don't hate Mormons
I hate flyingsquirrells...
and chickens
and clowns...creepy

Posted by: sparta ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 05:53PM

I certainly don't, I've got better things to do with my time.

I would like to suggest that you make better use of yours and stop posting goady and inflammatory messages that make you appear to be the worst sort of ignorant fool.

Tsk - must try harder. 2/10 at best.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 05:58PM

yeah, never thot he'd have to fool the admins

must try harder

harder

Posted by: sistertwister ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 06:06PM

I hate Mormons!

It's in my DNA

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 06:17PM

My life was seriously impacted by the bizarre doctrines of the Mormon religion. Mormonism has a strong hold on the membership and holds them hostage.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 08, 2014 06:58PM

People do have honest questions and this is one for a lot of folks whether they are involved or not.
We do ask "why" ---- people want honest answers.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.