Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Manimal ( )
Date: April 28, 2014 05:42PM

So, who do you despise more? -- the originators of the cult -- Smith, Cowdery, et al -- or the current perpetrators who knowingly keep the scam going?

As far as I am concerned, I despise the current leadership more. They are educated and absolutely know that they are ruining lives but they keep on lying and deceiving millions. There should be a special place in hell for these "defenders of the faith."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: amos2 ( )
Date: April 28, 2014 09:55PM

Smith, Cowdery, Rigdon, Pratt, and whoever else colluded are just frontal liars, thieves, rapists, and murderers. I don't "despise" them as much as just recognize them as criminals and an organized crime ring.

The classical LDS leaders after Brigham Young seemed to have been quite sincere and seemed to genuinely try and reconcile their religious experience with reality. There was an age when they openly said things like "if we have the truth it cannot be harmed by investigation. If we have not the truth it ought to be harmed".

But they don't say that anymore. At least since the rediscovery of the Book of Abraham papyri they have adopted a deliberate policy of obfuscation and discouragement of investigation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2014 09:57PM by amos2.

Posted by: poem ( )
Date: April 28, 2014 10:12PM

Current leaders bc they're the ones that ran the morg that sucked me in. I want to round them up, treat them like dumb shits for 15 yrs, force them to bear children before they are financially, socially or psychologically ready, torture them with endless truisms, to-do lists, can't win situations andouille trips and then steal their time, money, joy and families. But they are all such bigoted narcissists they probably wouldn't care. No level of hell is good enough for them. Need a new circle of hell with all new punishments for the breadth and magnitudes of their crimes against humanity. No I'm not exaggerating- look at what they do to minorities and what they do with tithings. The gravity of their lies and betrayal is astounding.

Date: April 28, 2014 10:13PM

They are the ones who presented the white washed view that tricked me into joining. A-holes

Date: April 28, 2014 10:13PM

I thought gbhinckley was great at the time!!??!!

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 28, 2014 11:18PM

For me, all of the so-called church elite, past and present, are cut out of the same piece of cloth. They are people who love holding the power, money, prestige and the strings that control their puppet followers. For themselves, as well as their families, they worship the pedestals they sit upon, and, what's disgusting, is they think they deserve their thrones.

Do they care in any way, shape, or form about the peons below them?

No, no and no. That's my take.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2014 11:19PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: April 28, 2014 11:47PM

They aren't worth the trouble. Once in a while, they are good for a laugh, though.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.