Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 04:43PM

Wow, they really ex'd her.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: whywait ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 05:01PM

Why is this of any surprise?

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 08:36PM

Yes, they are that stupid.

Posted by: rowena fibbs ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 08:40PM

She should consider herself lucky and move on.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 10:52PM

I want her to stay and fight. Not for her own benefit but to benefit my two granddaughters who are being raised in the cult by their TBM parents. Whatever role Kate and her kindred sisters play in bring greater equality and choice, I will be grateful for because my girls will have better lives.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 09:35PM

It just goes to prove that you cannot allow anything contraversial and still maintain you power base.

Posted by: noshirking ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 09:44PM

"This means that you may not wear temple garments or contribute tithes and offerings. You may not take the sacrament, hold a Church calling, give a talk in Church, offer a public prayer in behalf of the class or congregation in a Church meeting, or vote in the sustaining of Church officers. "

She has her choice of underwear and a 10% raise. Oh the horror! Say it isn't so! If only Torquemada were so cruel.

Any bets on how long it will take for a post to appear on lds.org stating that the council members were only speaking as men?

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 10:07PM

Oh, wait...that's the Catholic church. Of course they excommunicated her. The Brethren had no other choice -- otherwise they would have to admit their fantasy 1950s morality is out of place with the modern world.

Posted by: crunchynevmo ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 10:08PM

It boggles the mind that people actually believe these men control their "eternal life/family".

She should tell them where they can stick their magic underwear and go live a genuine life. That would be a true feminist move.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2014 10:14PM by nonmolurker.

Posted by: honest1 ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 10:17PM

+100. She should tell them now just where to stick it. And I agree-how can people living in this time in the world think these men control their entry into heaven and if they would be with their family. They know nothing. Such a fantasy the Mormons believe.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 10:10PM

I guess this rules out the new TSCC ad campaign ... "I'm a human rights attorney and I'm a mormon".

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 10:17PM

Lol. Nice.

Posted by: snuckafoodberry ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 10:44PM

If they don't x JD then we will know who the favored gender is, now won't we.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2014 10:44PM by snuckafoodberry.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 11:26PM

Maybe the favored gender, or maybe JD's crusade of truth claims is more intimidating to the upper management than a crusade to attain imaginary super natural powers.

Posted by: Bradley ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 11:01PM

She has taken her first step into a larger world.

I hope the nature of excommunication gives her a clue. If they can undo ordinances without any laying on of hands then they were never real in the first place. Or, it means that the stuff is only real because you make it real.

So, if Kate believes she is authorized to act in the name of God then she is. I think she should start her own Church and take the feminists with her. That's what Joseph would do.

Posted by: momoneymomalls ( )
Date: June 23, 2014 11:20PM

#becauseofhim

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.