Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: March 18, 2011 11:38PM

I watched part of Reed Cowan's movie again. I could not watch the entire thing, as it was too disturbing and upsetting. In fact, after watching part of it, I had to watch something less depressing, so I watched The Deer Hunter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: March 19, 2011 01:03AM

When something's more disturbing and upsetting than "The Deer Hunter" it's a whopper. I agree Crathes, at least "The Deer Hunter" shows a remarkable sensitivity to humanity. It's a great and moving movie. It's an affirmation of life.

"8: A Mormon Proposition," though important, is a depressing account of a cynical denial of human rights by a fraudulent "religious" corporation. They were so cowardly, they wanted to put the Catholics out front to take the heat.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: March 19, 2011 01:21AM

This nevermo (me) has made four people who would have never watched this film (other Canadian nevermos who were blissfully uaware of the LDS caveman antics 'south of the border') watch this film... in horror.

Angri-fying all around but important.

Posted by: freeasabird ( )
Date: March 19, 2011 02:14AM

I watched Milk last night and was quite sickened how a bill they got to pass 30+ years ago was just barely passed in Utah what last year?

When the news would talk about the bill in Utah I was appauled any such thing HAD to exist. The thought that you could be fired or kicked out of your home for being gay is just wrong. I can't believe Utah is just now coming around to protect rights.

What Harvey Milk did was amazing and what an inspiring life, so sad it ended the way it did. I just wish that as a people we would have come farther along in 30+ years :(

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: March 19, 2011 07:22AM

are also the least religious. Look how the Scandinavians look after their poor and sick. Compare them to the uber religious UT where human rights are lacking, bigotry is rife, people believe a president who wants health care for all is the antichrist! Insane.

The dark ages were when religion held power and smothered secularism. Aptly named indeed.

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: March 19, 2011 09:04AM

I was incredulous about the statements it made on how members in the Bay area had gotten pressure to pay, including losing callings and other threats.

But there were folks here who knew of it first hand. Incredible story.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.