Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lush ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 12:47AM

http://www.millennialmormons.com/10-love-dating-lessons-can-learn-elder-holland/

Remember kids the only way to find true love is to pay, pray and obey

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: toast ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 12:53AM

Wow Holland is starting to look older than I remember.

Posted by: Third Vision ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 03:24AM

He looks horrible now, and worse every year. It's fascinating to find an old picture of him and realize that he was once vigorous and free of guilt. Playing apostle for 25 years or so has exacted a terrible price from him, both spiritually and physically.

Posted by: unabashed ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 01:03AM

That is so creepy.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 01:35AM

when our thinking is right, all others are 'worthy' of our love; otherwise, it is conditional as the LDS examples.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 02:11AM

In his beginning remarks he says, "You separate dating from discipleship at your peril".

He sure enjoys putting fear into people in his talks, even these young people. I think that he is one of the most arrogant a**es that walks the earth. The adoration of people who think he is the end-all-be-all in the speaking department of the Church-cult, which by the way, does not make that mark very high, is sickening in my book.

Dodo Holland, the Andy Landers of the Morg. Have a problem. Man, he will answer you, and his main message, I guarantee will be, young man or young woman, get on your knees right now and pray to me, oh, I mean the Lard, and ask forgiveness for your sins and then send in that back tithing. All will be well at this point.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 05:04PM

I attended BYU when Jeffery Holland was in charge. We broke every rule in the book and never got in trouble. Everyone in my apartment complex viewed the rules and even church standards pretty loosely. We were young. We were away from home. From what I hear now BYU is more of a sterile atmosphere with more of a gestapo running it. All I can say is I broke the rules. I had fun doing so. Jeffery Holland didn't know because he was busy doing something else than micromanaging us students.

Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 06:35PM

This is a VERY important post, and thank you so much for bringing it to our attention! It goes to the heart of what is SO DAMAGING about this evil organization.

If the article were really about relationships you would have to conclude that this man is certifiably insane. His points are palpably absurd.

But the truth is HE DOESN'T WANT YOU TO FIND REAL LOVE.

All he wants is to keep people invested in the cult he heads, and he knows that the true love of another person can close a hole in someone's heart that LDS absurdity could keep open.

His list should have been: "How to avoid letting anyone come between you and Big Brother."

Posted by: boydslittlefactory ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 06:44PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.