Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 11:07AM

Indoctrination is a very important part of the perpetuating of the religious cult. This must be done consistently, slowly, and carefully. After running the con and the sting is well in place reaffirmation of the now accepted format is of the utmost importance. Each mind controlled member must be pushed toward furthering the control factors. Constant meetings where the control points are hammered home are key factors.

One of the indicators of a cult operation is repetition. If the same sermon topics are heard over and over again careful observation should be used to determine if this is a machination to point and control the mind and will of the listener. There is an old saying “Repetition brings conviction” .

It is important to begin this mind control as soon as possible after the “mark” has been nudged into the con. This can be done by classes separating the newbie from the long term members. These classes then emphasize the basic doctrines of the con. True believers can teach these classes and give testimony.
TO BE CONTINUED

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: procrusteanchurch ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 12:39PM

After spending years defending the church from cult accusations,I finally got around to looking up the definition of a cult from a non church approved source. I was flabbergasted at all the characteristics of a cult which were exemplified by tscc.

You aptly describe one of the key cult characteristics of tscc. Unfortunately, I'm still stuck going to church every Sunday. However, now that my eyes have been opened, the evil indoctrination aspect of the church is painfully obvious as I sit in Sunday School. Unfortunately, most of the people there swallow it hook, line, and sinker.

Posted by: honest1 ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 12:57PM

Well said. And it happened to my daughter. She has been in for 7 yrs. UGH! And we were a church going family and she was always involved in our youth group. To her at that time the friends were more important than anything.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.