Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: October 20, 2014 11:44AM

On a yardsale website, eagle mountain Utah, there is a lady who does drawings. She does drawings from photos. Many of her examples shown, or previous ones, include Jesus. A few have the temple, etc

What creeps me out is this. The ones that are Jesus, one are the mo jesus. Ok, no biggie. But there are ones with jesus and the children of the family around him with him holding the baby. The kids have their arms on Jesus, or are chatting.

Then there is the person with Jesus holding him.. Another with Jesus holding a womans hand. Many with children. Thing is they are modern children, real children, with this Jesus hanging out with them. This feels weird to me.

One person wants to buy one with her dead brother and Jesus for her parents for Christmas. That kind of thing. I suppose if it makes you feel better knowing your loved ones are with Jesus.

Maybe I'm the weird one. I just would not want a drawing of my son with Jesus, just hanging out. Unless they were balling or something, that might be cool.

I was thiking of asking if we could have her draw another Jesus, not the Mormon one.

Like they are buddies. Hey, there is Jesus and my brother, take a picture!! Yeah, ok, I'm the weird one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 20, 2014 02:15PM

Well, since there aren't any photos of this "Jesus" character, she does the same thing everyone else who "believes" in "Jesus" has done -- imagine "Jesus" how they wish he was.

That's why in the Philippines, Jesus looks Filipino. In Ethiopia, he's black. In Europe, "white and delightsome." Etc.

Not surprising with imaginary characters :)

Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: October 20, 2014 03:18PM

I know she is getting her "jesus" off the big ole picture in the front room. if they were color his robe would be reddish in hue.

It's just odd the way the pictures look. they are mostly black and white. I don't know what she would do if someone asked her to draw a black jesus.....

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: October 20, 2014 09:03PM

Well, it still sounds better than the "self portrait" of Jesus that my mom's friend claimed to have. Yeah, Jesus can paint - but not really well, I'm afraid.

My mom always just laughed about it, since she remembered her friend painting it while in college.

The same friend was also a goddess of Atlantis in a previous life and did healings with color in this one. Her husband never bought all her stories, but after he died, she said that his spirit appeared to her and admitted that she was TOTALLY RIGHT all along.

Despite a lot of crazy, she was an incredibly warm-hearted and happy person.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.