Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Odell Campbell ( )
Date: March 19, 2011 10:34AM

Today, Saturday morning, a commentator on the local sports station was discussing the remaining teams in the NCAA tournament and lamented that without Brandon Davies, BYU would have a difficult time moving forward.

The hosts debated whether or not the Honor Code was realistic and the obligation to aide by the Honor Code.

At last, the host said:

“I do not want to offend anyone, but I find it ironic that a student player is suspended from a basketball team for having consensual sex with his girlfriend at Brigham Young University, a school named after a man who had more sex with more women than most NBA stars. How is okay for Brigham Young to have so much sex but Davies can’t have sex with his girlfriend?”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 19, 2011 10:44AM

I was talking to a guy at work about this and he agreed that it's about having signed a contract to uphold certain standards. Then he said, "So do mormons REALLY believe that all the WHITE boys on the team are virgins?"

I lauged and said, "Yup, they REALLY believe it." We got a good chuckle out of it.

Posted by: Scooter ( )
Date: March 19, 2011 10:53AM

if so, then why would you name your institute of higher learning after someone who despised education?

could be mixing apples and oranges here, but it makes me wonder.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.