Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 01:00PM

51 Verily, I say unto you: A commandment I give unto mine handmaid, Emma Smith, your wife, whom I have given unto you, that she stay herself and partake not of that which I commanded you to offer unto her; for I did it, saith the Lord, to prove you all, as I did Abraham, and that I might require an offering at your hand, by covenant and sacrifice.

52 And let mine handmaid, Emma Smith, receive all those that have been given unto my servant Joseph, and who are virtuous and pure before me; and those who are not pure, and have said they were pure, shall be destroyed, saith the Lord God.

53 For I am the Lord thy God, and ye shall obey my voice; and I give unto my servant Joseph that he shall be made ruler over many things; for he hath been faithful over a few things, and from henceforth I will strengthen him.

54 And I command mine handmaid, Emma Smith, to abide and cleave unto my servant Joseph, and to none else. But if she will not abide this commandment she shall be destroyed, saith the Lord; for I am the Lord thy God, and will destroy her if she abide not in my law.

55 But if she will not abide this commandment, then shall my servant Joseph do all things for her, even as he hath said; and I will bless him and multiply him and give unto him an hundred-fold in this world, of fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters, houses and lands, wives and children, and crowns of eternal lives in the eternal worlds.

56 And again, verily I say, let mine handmaid forgive my servant Joseph his trespasses; and then shall she be forgiven her trespasses, wherein she has trespassed against me; and I, the Lord thy God, will bless her, and multiply her, and make her heart to rejoice.

The "Lord" sure did give Joseph a very convenient message concerning who could boink whom and who was to be forgiven and who wouldn't.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 01:03PM

first there's enough unknowns where they van choose to just ignore it and I think those in charge of this initiative are taking a "reveal only what we're forced to" approach.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 01:25PM

The Brethren don't like to highlight uppity women but just explain away the abuse of them.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 03:02PM

It would just give more ammunition to those uppity ordain women types. They may start asking if they could be sealed to two husbands the same way that Nelson and Oaks are sealed to two wives.

Posted by: atouchscreendarkly ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 03:28PM

Was that really due to a request for a second husband? Was Joseph commanded to offer her another man? Is that written somewhere?!

That's awesome

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.