Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sadie711 ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 01:01AM

How would you describe the room? Is it something like the confirmation room? I heard they never show these rooms during the temple open house. So....I would like to get an idea.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lily ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 01:21AM

I did a set of proxy w & a when I went through in Denver. It was just part of the locker room, but it was like this little station made out of sheets hanging instead of walls. It was super tight and close, and I felt like I was bumping into the other ladies the whole time. There were 4 little quadrants in each station. You sat in one quad for your washing, moved to the next for your anointing, then to a third to get your garments. The last one was where you waited to get into the washing booth, I think.

I assume they are all similar. But it was so, so crowded and uncomfortable. I don't understand the logic behind it.

So I'm curious to find out if it's different if you go for yourself. The way people talked about a spigot in their stories, I always pictured more of a YMCA shower situation- concrete floor with a drain on it, etc. If it's like what I experienced in Denver- it's different than I pictured.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 02:27AM

That is exactly how I remember it. Cubicles made from sheets...

and since I have no sense of direction, I felt very lost and disorientated. And indeed, very close to the other ladies...

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 02:33AM

That's what I remember. I felt claustrophobic. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I felt trapped. It reminded me of a tiny ER. So tiny everyone (all 2 of us) had to stand up. I wanted to slap that old lady for touching me. After all, that's what i'd been taught to do in those situations. Somehow I knew that wouldn't go over well.

Posted by: offradar ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 08:57AM

The Washing and Anointing Room is an area of small cubicles draped with curtains separating each cubicle, with water font, oil horn or vessel, chair for participant and ordinance instructions.

Here is an image of a typical Washing and Anointing cubicle area or Initiatory Area as it is also called, located on the ground floor of a Mormon Temple in Europe.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3ce22b3127ccef413b768c96100000030O01EatnLZwybg9vPho/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00702086906520131003141242593.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Posted by: NoNoNazi ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 09:03AM

My barber shop is nicer than that hole.

Posted by: kingcyrus ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 03:04PM

Before the last change in 2005, the initiators touched various parts of your body during the process.
Some with their hands wandering too near the more intimate areas.
Very uncomfortable and for some of the more sensitive patrons, humiliating to say the least.
Bat crazy stuff from the fanatical fuc-- at Morg Towers.

Posted by: anontoday ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 03:11PM

Old men in a small confined space, sheets draped like a makeshift hospital..

The old men blandly rushing through the useless words as fast as they could, the entire process feeling very much like an assembly line, with no room for spirituality at all.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 03:12PM

TMC should send folks to the humble grandeur of your own (comfortable) home if you need to be washed- as much for their respect as your own convenience, like doctors used to do. That is a private thing. Why share it with fools? SECRET, not "sacred".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2014 03:15PM by moremany.

Posted by: benditlikeboyd ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 06:46PM

Initiatory was some weird shit and boring as hell with the old farts.
That and worrying about getting a boner under the poncho.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 07:06PM

In the old days there was really a large bathtub. They washed you completely. There are pictures someplace. I can't remember where.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 07:23PM

Scroll down to pictures of bath tubs in the Salt Lake Temple:
http://www.i4m.com/think/temples/temple_ordinance.htm

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 07:47PM

The cubicles with the sheets are my memory along with the steel cows horn. I posted on that before, it really weirded me out. Boner.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.