Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 05:55PM

Baby Crazy? Jill Dillard Wants A Huge Family

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2014/10/24/baby-crazy-jill-dillard-wants-a-huge-family/

Just like her mom!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 01:37AM

Last I knew, only the female of the species had that capability.
Are the guys JEALOUS?????

It's my private opinion that if guys could get pregnant, contraception would have come into its own a LOT sooner in history.

Posted by: onlinemoniker ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 02:15PM

Exactly! So freakin' cutesy and annoying.

Are "we" going to have hemorrhoids? morning sickness? stretch marks? swollen ankles?

Are "we" going to go through labor?

And the thing is, it's usually the women who say it?

So idiotic.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 03:34PM

I agree with you. I hate it when people say "We're pregnant." While I would be the last person to say a man isn't important in a child's life, a man physically can't be pregnant, and aside from supporting the woman, isn't dealing with all the ramifications of being pregnant.

I don't have kids and it looks like I never will be pregnant... but my husband knows that if I ever got pregnant, pregnancy would be my experience, not his.

You want to say "We're going to be parents?" Say "We're going to be parents", not "We're pregnant."

Posted by: lenina ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 04:15PM

Yes! "We're going to be parents" is much more accurate and less stomach-churning.

Tangent, another thing that makes my stomach churn is people telling everyone that they're "trying to have a baby." Ugh, TMI the image that unavoidably puts into people's minds.

Posted by: Cinnamint ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 04:38PM

I hate hate HATE the phrase "we're trying". You know what? I'm puking.

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 03:00PM

It's a way of saying "WE" are going to be parents.

Really not something to get in a tizzy over.

Dad's can be excited too...

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 05:46PM

It's like Mormon women saying *WE* are in medical school or law school.

Pfffft.

;o)

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 06:17PM

lol so true

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 10:01AM

Most working couples I know limit their families to 2-3 kids nowadays for economic reasons. I don't understand how the Duggar offspring think they are going to make it work financially. However my attitude is that they are free to live their lifestyle as long as I don't have to pay for it.

Date: October 25, 2014 10:14AM

I'm with you, summer... And I actually think Jill will make a very good mom. I'm more impressed by her mothering skills than her mother's.

Date: October 25, 2014 02:19PM

I disagree.

We have nearly 7.5 billion people on the planet and it would take 8 planets worth or resources to support the lifestyle of American's (including the Duggars.) Billions live in grinding poverty with no hope for improvement.

I think it's irresponsible and greedy for the Duggars to have so many children.

I believe in zero population growth.

I agree, she will probably be a good mother (with the exception of the evangelical christian crap she shoves down its throat.)

Date: October 25, 2014 03:26PM

But this is her FIRST child. She doesn't have 19 kids yet and may not ever have that many. I don't think it's wrong to be happy for her. And even if she did have a bunch of kids, I still think she is a better mom than her mother is-- after all, she raised a bunch of her siblings. And hopefully she will stop before she gets to 19.

Lots of people are not having kids. I don't have any and quite a few of my relatives, all of whom came from our big family, don't have them either.

I like Jill's husband. He doesn't seem to be as much of a dipshit as JimBoob is. I hope some day someone breaks free and writes a tell all book. You know I'll read it.

Date: October 25, 2014 05:27PM

It's a minor miracle that she still wants kids after having helped to raise her siblings. That would put a lot of girls off of having kids of their own.

Date: October 25, 2014 08:17PM

Knot: I know. I don't begrudge her the first child.

And yes, her hubby seems a lot brighter than Jim-Bob.

The other boyfriend of the other daughter is kind of stupid too.

Posted by: raisedbyjackmormons ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 12:40AM

Agree. I like Jill's husband a lot. Jessa's fiance (Ben) is rather nauseating.

Date: October 26, 2014 04:20AM

I think Ben is destined to be one of JimBoob's slaves...

Posted by: godtoldmetorun ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 03:30PM

Jill's father is filthy rich. Self-made. Owns lots of businesses.

I don't agree that it's a socially responsible thing to breed like a dog, but at least they have the money to do it...not purposely bringing in droves of kids that are going to be dependent on welfare.

Posted by: Bookrattnli ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 04:29PM

Jimbob is just another case of "Born on 3rd base, but thought he hit a home run".

Self made, my butt.

Posted by: Harold ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 03:48PM

My wife loves that show. I sware, I can't stand it. It's like finger nails on a chalk board. My wife and I were pregnant only four times. It was so rough. OMG. I barely got any sleep. In the beginning she woke me up with "morning sickness" wanting me to get her candy bars and stuff. Yeah right. Then the labor. It was so hard. 16 hours. I didn't get any sleep at all. My legs hurt so bad from standing. She got to sleep 3 days, but me, work work work. Course she wants to nurse, and sometimes she'll let the baby cry longer, and again wakes me up unnecessarily. Poor Jim Bob, he has it so hard. He's expected so many times, me just four. I can't imagine.

Date: October 25, 2014 04:08PM

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 08:44PM

What? Another C*NT with feet? I'm shocked.
Well someone needs to raise the younger kids while the C*NT gets knocked up over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

They named their kid JimBob, reeks of WHITE TRASH!!!!!!!

I agree with onlinemoniker - there are WAY TOO MANY people on the planet now.
I think none of this family are good parents because their moron religion has them have more kids to take care of the ones they had before. It keeps the mom so busy puking from morning sickness for over 20 years that the kids already born HAVE TO BE THE PARENTS! GAG AND PUKE as far as I'm concerned. Their religion is almost as bad as the CULT.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2014 08:51PM by verilyverily.

Posted by: Cinnamint ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 11:30PM

I'm no Duggar fan, but feel sick that you refer to Jill Duggard as a C*NT with feet.

Date: October 29, 2014 01:36AM

Sorry Cinnamint but is there another portion of her body that she intends to use regularly? Certainly not her brain and her feet will be in stirrups. I calls it like I sees it.

Posted by: thegoodfight ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 10:55PM

Are the Duggars Mormon? I thought they were asked once in an interview and said no; that they are super-conservative Christians.

Posted by: thegoodfight ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 10:57PM

BTW, also a pet-peeve to say "we" are preggers. It's kind of rough on both parties but WAY worse on the woman. It doesn't really measure.

Posted by: no mo lurker ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 03:31PM

thegoodfight Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are the Duggars Mormon? I thought they were asked
> once in an interview and said no; that they are
> super-conservative Christians.

They are "quiverfull" Christians - it's an extreme form a Christianity that believes birth control is against God's will. God should determine how many children they have and those children are a blessing from God to them.

While the Duggars are doing fairly well financially, thanks to the TV show, many quiverfull children live in poverty because their parents have more children than they can afford. Plus, many quiverfull daughters are slighted on their education because it is their job to become a mom to the younger children and do a significant amount of housework. These daughters are also encouraged to stay under the authority of their father and not to go to school or have any life of their own until their father gives them in marriage to a boy that the parents have approved of. It is a form of oppression.

Not doubt Jill wants a large family. It's is all she's every known and she's never been taught she had a choice otherwise.

Posted by: MyTempleNameIsJoan ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 05:24PM

Duggars were specifically attached to the Bill Gothard sect. Not all Quiverfulls are Gothard.

Since the Gothard sex scandal the Duggar webpage has deleted some of their links that would visibly attach them to him.
Over 30 women, co-workers mostly I think, claimed they were sexually harrassed and/or abused. One woman said she had been abused by him at age 16. I'm not sure what the verdict is on Gothard's scandal, but when it hit he was removed from the board of his IBLP and ATI programs
His webpage doctrine says he's against people who do this.

Duggars are members of Gothards IBLP (institue in basic life princples)
ATI is their homeschooling group. It pumps out uneducated Christian fanatic morons.

He wants christians to have lots of kids so the white race doesn't become a minority and so God can use them as arrows in God's quiver.
Strange that Gothard was born in 1934 and is unmarried and has no kids but preaches the need for marriage and being a baby machine.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2014 06:48PM by joan.

Posted by: julie byam ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 11:03PM

I cringe with the way so many of you belittle and damn if you don't make anyone who has seen Mormonism for what it really is and yet chooses to maintain a Christian belief system feel like a fool and totally unwelcome here.

There is a huge gap between the Dugger family and their "quiverfull" Philosophy and the mainline people I know that I can only imagine how many people would like to talk with you , but find it really uncomfortable knowing so many of you consider them simpletons. No, I have read this website for many years so I do know how few people like me there really are that read this board once in awhile

Date: October 26, 2014 01:19AM

Julie, I really don't see any criticism of mainstream Christians on this thread. I think most people know that the Duggars are not exactly mainstream. They wouldn't have a TV show unless they were so far outside of the norm.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 11:09AM

The reason why the Duggars are so weird is that they're outside the mainstream when it comes to Christianity. I actually thought they were Mormon when I first heard about them, but it's obvious that they're Christian fundamentalists. They're more extreme than most Protestants are.

Posted by: Bookrattnli ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 07:04PM

Unfortunately for the rest of us who have to share their world with them, they ARE simpletons. If you have ever heard them speak on pretty much any subject, they sound ignorant and uneducated, superstitious and narrow minded. They are the ugly Americans of which other countries speak.

I've seen their textbooks and they don't deserve that lofty of a name. Michelle sounds uninformed, fake or hysterical half the time. Jimbob is simply devoid of all common sense. And he's miserly and cheap. He's a car salesman with a car salesman dad who had some money, a big fish in a literal backwater pond. He was a public servant for awhile but now all they both are is overpaid public speakers with a burning, vain desire to be famous and be up on a stage. They are not qualified to be teachers. Or give parenting tips. To anyone.

And as long as they make public spectacles of themselves and their own children, then I can publicly speak out on what they choose to show me.

They remind me of kate and john gosselin. Always looking for a free ride. Except the Duggars have a home based church, which many Gotherdites employ as a pathway to becoming tax cheats/consider the best way to bleed the beast. They would have been tax exempt with that many kids, anyway, most likely, but needed the church to balance out the tv payments/wipe the slate clean.

Not a fan of under educating girls and holding them back from further life choices or career opportunities, and definitely not of tying their loss of virginity or expression of their sexuality to their father's desires for them in those areas. Squicks me out. Particularly since he and Michelle seem to have no idea how human anatomy or human biology works. Listen to them talk about it sometime, it sounds just like a goofy third grader telling you a (snicker snicker) joke about (snicker snicker) butts.

Posted by: NeedToVent ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 11:42PM

I feel so bad for the duggar kids. It's worse than Mormonism, they are not even allowed to interact with the outside world. They have never been alone anywhere, they must always go somewhere with a sibling to make sure they don't do anything they shouldn't. They aren't allowed to leave until they get married. If they do they would be shunned and never see the siblings they raised as their babies (in the episodes leading up to Jill's wedding just watch joy Anna getting upset and crying practically every episode because her buddy, basically her mother is leaving). They also live in the middle of no where and may not have access to any money. So leaving would be pretty hard. When Josh (the oldest) was getting married his parents made them promise to never use birth control in their wedding vows!!

I also hate how the parents put so many restrictions on the kids that they did not abide by. The parents dated, they kissed before marriage and they used birth control for a while before a "Christian doctor" told them it caused a miscarriage. 25% of pregnancies spontaneously abort, I'm willing to bet the reason wasn't the pill.

Anyway rant over but these parents have seriously damaged these kids in my view. For the naysayers who say they seem happy, they are taught from childhood that being unhappy is a sin. They will literally get punished for not smiling and appearing to be happy all the time. Poor poor kids. Hopefully the older kids are getting paid for doing the show and may be able to scale down the crazy once they escape, even if the escape is getting married.

Posted by: greengobbleyguck ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 12:25AM

Well good for her. BTW his smile is fake. Me? Lol. I can't have kids. Ever. Do want a few. Yeap. In moderation. My niece wants 12. Got a job at a day care right after high school got can in less than 6 mos. Does she still want 12? Not sure yet haven't talked to her In a few weeks. Very curious to know.

Posted by: topped ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 10:42AM

Posted by: Greylady ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 03:23PM

I think Jill will be a fine mom. Afterall, she has already raised three kids - JoyAnna, James and Jenny. She apparently took her "kids" with her to the ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby. THey must be lost with her not at home anymore.

Posted by: MyTempleNameIsJoan ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 05:37PM

They have Jana, Joy and Jinger as sister-moms, plus Grandma duggar who can help out when she's not taking care of the mountain of daily laundry.

Posted by: NotAlone ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 08:13PM

JimBob is a horn-dog. Creeps me out when talking with Michelle, and pawing at her...Seriously. They wait a biblical appointed time for intercourse after each child is born depending on the babies sex. Um...what?
There was an episode where they took their daughter and boyfriend out and wouldn't let them even hold hands, then at the miniature golf place JimBob picks up off the groung, Michelle and practically makes out with his wife muttering crap...."look what you have to look forward to." Hit the ball in the cup HornBob.
You can see this girl Cannot Wait to leave camp Duggar...
At Jill's wedding , HornyBob tells Jill's husband...in front of everyone....you may now kiss the bride. Wtf.
2 weeks into marriage Jill's gonna have a baby boy.

Date: October 29, 2014 02:55AM

"her hubby seems a lot brighter than Jim-Bob" - a burned out light bulb is brighter than Jim-Bob.

Posted by: Greylady ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 08:58AM

Poor JoyAnna cried throughout the wedding - she is losing the only mom she has ever known. Sure Jana and Jinger will still be there, but Jill is her mama!

I thought the "first look" scenes were so awkward - you could tell Derrick just wanted to pull her into his arms and kiss her... but no kissing until DimBulb says he can.....

Posted by: acerbic ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 09:10AM

Insert the 'u'from Duggar into Dillard and you get what Jill and that whole family seem to be. Dullard.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.