Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: templenamegabriel ( )
Date: October 21, 2014 12:36AM

Willard Richards, Heber C Kimball, and others used the "coffin canes" of Joseph Smith to heal those who touched it.

The coffin canes were made from the blood stained oak box Joseph was transported in after his death at Carthage. Some were made with locks of his hair and glass from the viewing pane of his exhumed coffin. In the case of Willard Richards, he would lay the cane on a sick persons head and heal them.

What with Ebola and all perhaps TSCC could loan the remaining canes out to prevent its spread and heal those afflicted. Heber C Kimball prophesied that one day "multitudes" would be healed and blessed by the instrumentality of the canes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2014 12:37AM by templenamegabriel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cupcakelicker (drunk) ( )
Date: October 21, 2014 12:56AM

Canes crossed my mind too... But it all boils down to the Ebola Trilemma.

1. God decided; either God decided to let Ebola spread, or the priesthood doesn't work on the seed of Cain.

2. God let Tommy decide; Monson chose, for whatever reason, not to use his super powers to save Ebola victims, convert most of the planet, and bring glory to God's name.

3. Mormonism is a fraud.

Posted by: Third Vision ( )
Date: October 21, 2014 03:24AM

How wonderful and marvelous. It reminds me in a way of Jaredite light bulbs. These are truly the last days!

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 21, 2014 03:36AM

That woke me right up. I have never heard of this curing canes stuff. Hmm......maybe the 15 Doofuses will get on this quick to make the millions and billions they are loosing because we all know that they would charge for such a cure.

Posted by: finex ( )
Date: October 21, 2014 03:42AM

..and don't forget the profits blessed handkerchiefs. In the same speech in which Heber C. Kimball talks about the healing canes he mentions how Joseph Smith sent out handkerchiefs that cured people in the hundreds. Every hospital on earth should have a stockpile of these blessed handkerchiefs if you ask me. Think how much those would save pain and suffering patients as just wiping their eyebrows with these magic pieces of cloth would save them.

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: October 21, 2014 03:32PM

Is this where the hosanna shout with the hankies actually comes from?

Posted by: atouchscreendarkly ( )
Date: October 21, 2014 10:29AM

Wait... You guys are serious... When did he say his about the canes? That's awesome!

I can see the next Indiana Jones movie now...

Date: October 21, 2014 12:51PM

You can find it all on josephsmithjr.com

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: October 21, 2014 12:50PM

Does anyone have citations for these quotes? I love talking to TBMs and bringing up this weird stuff, and then directing them to church-approved materials for the actual quotes.

Date: October 21, 2014 03:15PM

More specifically here (see the footnotes):

http://josephsmithjr.com/index.php/history/joseph-smith-jr#ftn20

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.