Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Already Gone ( )
Date: October 21, 2014 07:53PM

I am having trouble finding the quote from someone close to Martin Harris that says that he said that he knew it was a fraud by money can be made from it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: builderbob ( )
Date: October 21, 2014 09:29PM

Martin Harris' wife, Lucy< was complaining to him about his involvement with Joe Smith, the Gold Bible, and Mormonism.

"Martin Harris and his wife were (at my house. In conversation about Mormonites she observed, that she wished her husband would quit them as she believed it was all false and a delusion. To which I heard Mr. Harris reply : "What if it is a lie; if you will let me alone I will make money out of it! I was both an eye and an ear witness of what has been stated above, which is now fresh in my memory, and I give it to the world for the good of mankind. I speak the truth and lie not, God bearing me is witness." Testimony of ABIGAIL HARRIS

"One day, while at Peter Harris house, I told him[Martin Harris] he had better leave the company of the Smiths, as their religion was false; to which he replied, if you would let me alone, I could make money by it." Testimony of Lucy Harris

http://carm.org/mormonism-unveiled-testimonies-abigail-harris-and-lucy-harris-martin

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2014 09:35PM by builderbob.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.