Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 12:10AM

Now that the world is learning from a cornered Mormon Cult (which appears, in some respects, to finally be caving in to undeniable Cult history it has futilely tried for so long to hide) here's the question:

Does DNA evidence exist indicating that Joseph Smith fathered children through his polygamous escapades and not through his marriage to his first wife, Emma? Let's look at the competing claims, then you decide.

Link:

http://exmormon.org/d6/drupal/Did-Joseph-Smith-Produce-Children-in-Polygamous-Relationships

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GadiantonRobber ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 12:55AM

Steve, I love your posts and usually read them all the way through. I didnt have time to read your entire post tonight but need to know one thing:

How many children did he have that can be 100% confirmed by DNA?

Thanks!

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 12:57AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2014 12:59AM by steve benson.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 01:01AM

Well I'd be happy to donate some smith cousinly DNA to compare with persons of interest in your quest for suspicious scions of zion's sleaziest scoundrel.

Posted by: GadiantonRobber ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 01:07AM

I shall tomorrow and return and report. Gotta pray about this one.

Maybe joe was shooting blanks? Guy had sex with everyone. (Maybe pulled out to avoid pregnancy.. lol)

Posted by: cupcakelicker (drunk) ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 01:35AM

My thoughts: HJ was sterile. "His" children were fathered by Emma's second husband, Hyrum :P HJ had sex left, right and center, with no proven offspring except those through Emma. For paternity, everyone's looking at the Y chromosome; wouldn't HJ and his brother share this? And we know Emma wanted a second hubby.

Posted by: anonow ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 01:36AM

The fact that he might have had sexual relations with some of his polygamous wives, might not be such a big deal since procreation was one of the reasons for practicing polygamy. The big question is did he have sex with women he was sealed to who were already married to other men? People were getting sealed in all sorts of situations. Men getting sealed to men (law of adoption); Women getting sealed to smith after he died, etc.

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 10:10AM

anonow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Women
> getting sealed to smith after he died, etc.

Who exactly got sealed to Joseph Smith after he died? I was taught that ALL of his "extra" wives were sealed to him after his death, but the only lists I have seen show the names of those who were sealed to him while still alive.

Posted by: anonow ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 10:53AM

Some were sealed to him before he died, but others afterwards. Elizabeth Durfee was sealed to Joseph by proxy after he was killed. Her LDS husband stood as proxy to smith.
Sarah Cleveland also had a proxy sealing to smith after he was killed.
(Todd Compton, In sacred Loneliness)

Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 12:35PM

Rachel Grant, the mother of Heber J. Grant, was sealed to Joseph Smith long after JS died.

It was BY's idea.

Rachel and Jedediah Grant went to the sealing house so Rachel could be Jedediah's ninth wife.

At the last minute BY decided to seal Rachel to JS for eternity and to Jedediah for time.

This meant that JS was HJG's REAL father.

Jedediah died before little Heber was born.

Rachel raised him by herself. She did a good job. They were very poor, but Heber was incredibly disciplined, because Rachel was disciplined.

He never was all that religious, even though he became President of The Church.

He married polygamously and was a stalward defender of polygamy until two of this three wives died and he became rabidly anti-polygamy.

He was an interesting man.

I wish someone would write a detailed bio.

Lois

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 12:46PM

Heber was put forward as fulfillment of the prophecy that Joseph would have a son that woukd be president of the church.

Posted by: Dead Cat ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 12:54PM

Is it possible that someone out there may have a lock of Josephine Lyon's hair, maybe in an old baby book, that could be used for a dna test?

Eliza Snow was supposedly pregnant with Joseph's child when Emma pushed her down some stairs ending the pregnancy.

How many other children were aborted?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.