Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 05:25PM

After 2 days of burying the Polygamy Papers, it made it's way to the front page of the D-News. I was surprised at some of the candid, non faith promoting, comments that they allowed.

http://www.deseretnews.com/user/comments/865613981/Polygamy-essays-provide-information-about-early-LDS-Church-2-and-current-leadership.html

I tried to post this;

"So does this turn on a light bulb for Mormons that Joseph might have been killed by a mob of Mormons that were fed up with Joseph taking their wives & daughters?"

Comment denied.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 06:04PM

So. My first comment was denied for being "Off Topic or Disruptive".

I revised it to this;
"Does this open the door for possible exploration that the men that killed Joseph at the Carthage jail, might have been angry husbands & fathers?"

Comment denied as "Comment included overly speculative thoughts or information not included in the story"

I guess they don't see the irony in that reason.

Posted by: wanderinggeek ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 06:14PM

OK, so I went to the link. And the VERY first comment is exactly what I expected to see.

TBM's who do read this either A) Won't care B) Have some excuse as why is doesn't matter.

Case in point:

"I can not see how this subject relates to my personal salvation. Ancient Biblical History had it's problems too in ancient Israel, but their prophets revealed the truth for us to study today and this truth re affirms my belief and testimony in the Restoration of which they prophecied.I am a living witness of the truth these ancients spoke about. How about the personal lives of these ancients? I am not concerned one way or the other. I am sure as mortals, they had their problems too." Comment by Elcapitan

They are so blind by faith...that NOTHING will matter. It's like beating your head against a rock some times.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 06:24PM

So Bill Clinton was quoting Joseph Smith when he said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.