Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NeverOne ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 03:57PM

Fantastic article... on how to stalk, and generally try to invade someone's life. Mormons just can't take a hint can they? "But if only I share THIS message, they will come back to the fold". Then, they blame themselves... sad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 21, 2014 04:03PM

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 04:12PM

Stalk if necessary!? Wait for her when she drops her kids off at school? I would lose it with that woman. It hasn't occurred to her that this other person is avoiding her, and her reason is: YOU"RE ANNOYING!

Dear HT, it's none of your business why I don't go to church, or bond with you when you stalk me. Just leave me the hell alone. NO! I do NOT want to go with you to get your feet cleaned up. And by the way, quit dumping all that junk on my door step. In case you didn't know, it ALL goes straight to the garbage can.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 06:30PM

They admit to being stalkers?? But they think the ends justify the means??!

I say, tell them outright: "Kindly stop this cat and mouse game. I'm not interested. You should be ashamed of yourself for stalking me!"

Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 04:05PM

When we left the church I was very clear that I did not want to be visited by my visiting teacher nor have our family visited by our home teacher. So far they have pretty much left us alone. Not that my visiting teacher ever came before but still.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 04:11PM

This is spooky cult thinking. Everything this visiting teacher does has an ulterior motive. She doesn't really know what friendship is.

Posted by: JamesL ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 04:18PM

Wow. We all know the LDS church approves of stalking and harassing people, but this may be the first time it's actually been put forth so blatantly in writing.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 04:19PM

I'm confused what the subject line has to do with the post content. Does dodging mean the same thing to you that it does to me: to avoid? I can think of several things to do if your VTs keep avoiding you: cheer, be thankful, etc.

Date: November 21, 2014 04:23PM

Sorry for the lack of clarity. It was the title of the article on lds.net, originally from LDS Living.

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 05:09PM

No, this is the visiting Teachee doing the avoiding, not the Teacher...

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 05:49PM

Aaaaah. Got it. My bad reading teacher instead of teachee.

Posted by: HopefulHusband(not loggedin) ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 04:25PM

if your Visiting Teachee or home teachee's avoid you....count your many blessings!

sheesh, that was easy.

I was always assigned to some very needy individuals. calls at all hours and all sorts of saturdays spent volunteering my time to help them with their emergencies....

Posted by: Plaid n Paisley ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 04:38PM

From the article:

" I call, I text, I stop by, and I follow her on social media. But even when I feel my level of friendly “watch care” is teetering on the edge of stalking, I get nothing. Time and time again, I fail.... But in talking with friends, I realized this kind of reception is common among sisters. So, what’s a woman to do when she gets rejected time and time again?

Here are just a few tips I’ve learned through my colorful history with visiting teacher dodgers.

**Think Outside the Box
After cultivating a wonderful friendship with one of my visiting teachees, she simply stopped associating with anyone in our ward at all. She wouldn’t come to any church activities—let alone church on Sundays. This worried me quite a bit because only a couple months before, she had decided to receive her endowments and had gone through the temple. I had hoped that because we were such good friends, she would tell me what the problem really was and what was troubling her. But it was no use. I tried everything. Texts, facebook messages, facebook wall posts, treats on her doorstep, and never so much as a text to tell me that she still acknowledged my existence.

I decided to think outside the box and not even try to entice her to church events anymore. One day I posted on her Facebook that I was dying to get a pedicure, and I wondered if she wanted to come with me sometime. I thought she would jump at the chance, since I know she loves getting pampered. ...

**Stalk if Necessary
Sometimes visiting teaching requires a sister to whip out her detective skills and put them to good use. I’m not condoning anything that could lead to a restraining order—that won’t help your visiting teaching record any. All I’m saying is a little extra knowledge obtained through friends or over the ward directory, Facebook, or Instagram can go a long way. ..."

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 04:48PM

Resign and get your name off the dreaded ward roster. After you officially leave you soon lose contact with everything LDS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2014 04:48PM by michaelc1945.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 05:27PM

The teacher/teachee dodging dance reminds me of my teenage years when I was trying to get a date with a certain girl.

After, phone calls resulting in "xxx isn't home now, I'll let her know you called", she doesn't see me waving from across the school yard, her best friends tell you that you make xxx's skin crawl, I started to get the hint that it wasn't going to happen.

Now days it only takes a couple of rejects for me to move on.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 05:33PM

You bug the hell out of them until they get a lawyer and a restraining order. Then you know the church is true.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 05:36PM

And TBMs wonder why people don't like them!

Many nevermos have already figured out that TBMs love to love bomb and then disappear once disinterest in the Morg is expressed.

Perhaps we should start a post on how to insure VTs and HTs don't bother us. I suggest shaking hands with the Second Token--Sure Sign of the Nail. Of course, that will only work for endowed members. Maybe a strategically placed F-bomb will do the trick. Boner.

Posted by: twistedsister ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 06:23PM

And they say WE can't leave the church alone. Not for lack of trying haha.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 06:28PM

Ugh.
Stalking for the Lord.
Draw near unto me . . . or I will draw near unto you via Facebook.

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 06:36PM

Seriously? Really? "Remember who she can turn to when she needs a friend?????" If you were her friend she would already be in touch with you regularly. How utterly condescending. I used to get outreach like this regularly from women I had never met professing to be my friend. The only thing that let them know I really wasn't interested in pretend relationships designed to drag me back into cult like devotion to mormonism was official resignation. Most spiritually rewarding thing I have ever done.

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 06:54PM

i thought that was you msmom!

What I'm wondering is whether she had any luck with the pedicure invitation. She doesn't say if it worked or not - I'm guessing "no".

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 06:19PM

I had the idea the pedicure option was ignored.

Posted by: escapee nli ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 07:31PM

Stalker B!π¢h!

Other Susan

Posted by: ExMoBandB ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 07:32PM

What a mystery! The poor woman went through the temple for the first time, and no one has heard from her since! It's obvious that the temple creeped her out.

The author probably used these tactics to hook her husband. Another good idea that the author left out is to check the obituaries, and appear at the funerals of the teachee's loved ones. In the singles, we used to call these women "funeral mongers." This is how our widower neighbor got snagged.

Manipulation and control of others is a main hobby of a lot of Mormons I know. They get off on it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.