Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 10:15PM

Gotta keep up appearance that BYU has a massive national following...

"School officials were hoping the Cougars’ visit to Murfreesboro would fill the 30,788-seat stadium on Saturday (1:30 p.m. MDT) with a combination of BYU fans and MTSU fans eager to watch the Blue Raiders host a nationally prominent program.

But athletic director Chris Massaro said it probably won’t happen.

About 4,000 BYU fans are expected, Massaro said, noting that BYU sold 1,000 tickets through its own ticket office and the remaining 3,000 tickets were bought by groups affiliated with BYU and the LDS Church in Tennessee and surrounding states."

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/1763329-155/byu-cougars-fans-stadium-saturday-expected

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 10:31PM

Dear Mormon church, you know you're getting old when your mind makes promises your body can't fill.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 10:32PM

nationally prominent...hah hah.

Nationally embarrassed by Mormonism, is more like it. I hope BYU dries up and blows away.

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 11:58PM

I wonder if the byu fans will show-up wearing a paper bag over their head?

Lots of "free" tickets for LDS kids and sweet spirits who are clueless about football.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 12:06AM

The Mormon church seems to be in the ticket buying business lately.

I think it's funny that they have to pay people (even their own)to go to their fake movie, and their bad sporting events.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 09:11AM

The poison of Mormonism taints and destroys everything that comes in its path. BYU athletics will perish because of it. No athletes, no fans -- they are toast.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 10:20AM

They have to give out tickets to the Gladys Knight concerts too... with the disclaimers on the back: no cell phones or camera recording but we can record and sell your image... it's a Mormon moment... we love you all - don't you just love us and want to join us some more...

Posted by: crookedletter ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 11:02AM

Oh boy. I attended both schools. I can't say either team ever captured my interest. But the LDS following in middle TN is strong. They'll be ecstatic to attend the game. I can already see the upcoming FB posts...

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 12:36PM

they 'could' begin by re-naming to Juanita Brooks University; Juanita told the TRUTH, Briggy Didn't.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.